Maye Fran's Kids shouldn't Play for him

Coaching your kid takes on a different dimension. It isnt easy. Saucy mom who has a history who is perimenopausal age. Saucy kids who argue with fans. Nuclear dad who has anger issues. Struggling team. What could go wrong?

Nothing a good, strong, "Coach, things gotta improve or we'll have to talk about your contract..." ultimatum wouldn't solve. Oh wait...

Nothing a good, strong, "Coach, things gotta improve or we'll have to talk about your contract..." ultimatum wouldn't solve. Oh wait...

This post gets to the heart of why this game really discouraged me. We have Fran locked in now for at least a couple more seasons and despite the blabbering by tonight's announcers this program looks nowhere near ready to make forward progress. Miles called off the dogs in that last minute or we would very likely have given up 100 tonight. You look at the enthusiasm of that crowd and compare Pinnacle Arena to what we have at Carver and our two programs seem light years apart.

For the McCaffery boys this seems a very problematic situation to step into with Fran very likely sticking around now at least until they both get through college. I admire their loyalty to their dad and Connor's willingness to complete in both his sports but they could have a very rough ride ahead and may down the road at some point wish their paths had gone in another direction. I think we have a very interesting offsesason ahead to say the least.

He won’t leave college to make $60k overseas!
Not everyone likes college and I'm sure that's not what Cook thinks is the end result. He'll probably make himself eligible for the NBA draft. When that doesn't work out, he'll look at his options. They will include the D league or playing over seas. Either will look like a good idea but it won't matter because he won't be able to go back to playing college ball, at that point.

Latest posts