Maybe you don't have to be a Blue Blood?

This is so dumb I don't even know where to start but I'll give it a go

Iowa not wanting to play at Creighton, where do you get that? Where have you heard that? It's not true lol. They definitely do and would, but that's a deal where you don't do it unless both teams get a home and home. You also have to imagine that match up will find its own way eventually in the Gavitt Games.

Iowa shouldn't be playing at Drake or UNI - no win situation for the school. If you are an Iowa fan and you want to play at those schools, just know that you'd be doing a disservice to the school you follow. That's a no win situational game for Iowa and the only thing it caters to are fans of UNI and Drake. Why do you want to do that? They also got rid of that game and have scheduled teams like Duke and Gonzaga in it's wake.

Joe Toussaint had a ridiculous amount of playing time considering how little he produced. Fran forced it. He made Joe play more minutes then he deserved cause he kept expecting him to figure it out. You could argue that he kept playing Joe T despite it being detrimental to the team. They were losing games because of how bad the offense moved when he was running the point. Fran was forced to go back to a plan they had already abandoned because he was so determined to make Joe T work.

Jordan was a way better option then Joe T at the PG position. He could have laid down cardboard and breakdanced on defense and he would have been a better option at the 1 then Joe T.

Fran didn't play Jack Nunge? That might be literally the dumbest thing ever typed on the internet. Jack averaged over 15 minutes as a freshman. His #'s went up his sophomore year. But did you know that he was seriously injured in all 3 seasons? Fran played him and played him a lot, even though he played the same position and was behind arguably the best college center to play college basketball in the last 30 years.

So dumb
I agree with all of this and would add, if we scheduled UNI and Drake, we would be heavily criticized for strength of schedule. And that is even though Drake certainly carries their weight. And there's not a lot of room to fit them in with all of the other commitments we already have.

He is a long time Cyclone troll. Don't have high expectations.
Because I don’t collect bubblegum cards of my fav hawks annually? I long for the days in the old iowa fieldhouse when we played real b10 basketball and during the late 80s when rav hand delivered 14 future pros to Mr. Davis and his press. That’s the bar for me & I don’t apologize for it.

This is so dumb I don't even know where to start but I'll give it a go

Iowa not wanting to play at Creighton, where do you get that? Where have you heard that? It's not true lol. They definitely do and would, but that's a deal where you don't do it unless both teams get a home and home. You also have to imagine that match up will find its own way eventually in the Gavitt Games.

Iowa shouldn't be playing at Drake or UNI - no win situation for the school. If you are an Iowa fan and you want to play at those schools, just know that you'd be doing a disservice to the school you follow. That's a no win situational game for Iowa and the only thing it caters to are fans of UNI and Drake. Why do you want to do that? They also got rid of that game and have scheduled teams like Duke and Gonzaga in it's wake.

Joe Toussaint had a ridiculous amount of playing time considering how little he produced. Fran forced it. He made Joe play more minutes then he deserved cause he kept expecting him to figure it out. You could argue that he kept playing Joe T despite it being detrimental to the team. They were losing games because of how bad the offense moved when he was running the point. Fran was forced to go back to a plan they had already abandoned because he was so determined to make Joe T work.

Jordan was a way better option then Joe T at the PG position. He could have laid down cardboard and breakdanced on defense and he would have been a better option at the 1 then Joe T.

Fran didn't play Jack Nunge? That might be literally the dumbest thing ever typed on the internet. Jack averaged over 15 minutes as a freshman. His #'s went up his sophomore year. But did you know that he was seriously injured in all 3 seasons? Fran played him and played him a lot, even though he played the same position and was behind arguably the best college center to play college basketball in the last 30 years.

So dumb
You are beyond clueless

Because I don’t collect bubblegum cards of my fav hawks annually? I long for the days in the old iowa fieldhouse when we played real b10 basketball and during the late 80s when rav hand delivered 14 future pros to Mr. Davis and his press. That’s the bar for me & I don’t apologize for it.

Keep working it, homie. Does Will McDonald slide into the 2nd round?

Dispute literally anything I said and I might take you half way serious.
He creates narratives in his mind then passes them off as facts, like the Nunge claim. Then gets pissed when people call his bullshit.

He could choose literally any rivalry in a state surrounding Iowa (Missouri, Marquette, DePaul, USD), pick the ones we don't schedule, then accuse us of elitist ducking. He decided to choose Creighton, neglecting to mention that we have played every one of the schools I mentioned in the Alford, Lickliter or Fran eras, and that Drake and UNI have been replaced by cupcakes such as Gonzaga, Duke, Cincinnati, Texas Tech, San Diego State, TCU and others.

Hard to argue with someone who lives in his own head and believes it's still the eighties. But it's sure is fun to press their buttons.

The world is simply set-up for the "blue bloods" to thrive. If these traditional power 6 schools had to go on a roadie to a place like Florida Atlantic or Princeton in November or December, I'm guessing said pampered powerhouse would not appreciate the results and unfound hospitality. In an evenly called game, there is just not as much separation as most folks want to believe...

Latest posts