24–8 15–3 NCAA Elite Eight
24–9 12–6 NCAA Sweet Sixteen
22–9 12–6 NCAA Round of 64
21–12 10–8 NCAA Sweet Sixteen
23–9 14–4 NCAA Sweet Sixteen
21–12 11–7 NCAA Sweet Sixteen
10–19 6–12
145–78 81–48

Yes I would take Lavin and at the very least he would bring Iowa a lot of publicity with his ESPN ties.

I agree, the only thing I worry about is why hasn't he coached since 03? He has proven he is good, there has to be something in the background.

How many jobs has he really went after? The only I know he was interested in was the Purdue one, I think he enjoys his ESPN gig. But I know his name has been floated around the DePaul opening so maybe he is ready to get back in to coaching.

I agree, the only thing I worry about is why hasn't he coached since 03? He has proven he is good, there has to be something in the background.

The only thing I worry about, is that the level of talent Lavin inherited from Jim Harrick could have made the Sweet 16 if they didn't even have a coach. Ok well maybe not, but you get my drift. The level of talent was so high, how could he have NOT made the Sweet 16? UCLA slowly but surely was starting to slip during Lavin's time there. A couple of those Sweet 16's were as lower seeds and they were suprise appearances.

I remember several of Lavin's later UCLA teams being Top-5 or Top-10 preseason being unranked by season's end.

I'm not sold that he can actually coach and build a program in a state that doesn't have the built-in recruiting advantages that UCLA has.. A state like Iowa.

I was looking at his resume, it's actually very strong. You have to remember he was at a school where the expectations were as high as can be, and that brought a ridiculous amount of pressure and scrutiny. He's been at a Big Ten school (Purdue) and he has great name recognition from ESPN. Do anyone think he would be effective in a recruit's living room? I do.

Latest posts