maybe it is on the players.

Words to live by:

Practice Makes Permanent, Not Perfect.

This team is playing exactly the way they are taught in practice. Every team plays like it practices over time. This team crumbles during crunch time because this team lacks leadership both on the floor and on the bench.

No the coach isn't shooting the FTs and no the coaches are defending the ball or boxing out but they are playing how they are taught.

Why the F we remain in a 2-3 zone when we are clearly longer than almost any team on the floor but lack quickness to box out while in a zone. Get out of the zone. Stretch the defense. Let your 7' center or the sultan of swat patrol the middle and force teams to shoot contested 3s.

GET OUT OF THE ZONE! The players aren't deciding on the fly if they are going to play the zone, that is coming from the bench.

Terrific insight. Tell us more about how things are going in practice... you know, from you personal observations while attending these practices.

We go as Gessell goes. When he is able to hit the 15-18 foot jumpers we tend to be able to run much more successful ball-screen action which then leads to help by the defense and open looks for Dev and Josh. When he isn't getting into the lane and hitting those and dropping passes on the slip screen, we don't win.

I only bring this up because how do you guys think his confidence is right now when our staff has been busting their rump on recruiting a juco pg that has 3 years to play yet and Mike has 2?

Pair that up with the quick hooks he has been getting from Fran lately and there is one of our problems during this skid. I don't think he would transfer but who knows where his head and confidence are at right now.

Words to live by:

Practice Makes Permanent, Not Perfect.

This team is playing exactly the way they are taught in practice. Every team plays like it practices over time. This team crumbles during crunch time because this team lacks leadership both on the floor and on the bench.

No the coach isn't shooting the FTs and no the coaches are defending the ball or boxing out but they are playing how they are taught.

Why the F we remain in a 2-3 zone when we are clearly longer than almost any team on the floor but lack quickness to box out while in a zone. Get out of the zone. Stretch the defense. Let your 7' center or the sultan of swat patrol the middle and force teams to shoot contested 3s.

GET OUT OF THE ZONE! The players aren't deciding on the fly if they are going to play the zone, that is coming from the bench.

I'm sure that Fran looked back at last year's team and said, "Holy ****, we're too good at these defense and free throw things. Well, I'll take care of that. Guys, I want you to suck on defense and at the line. This is how we get better....by sucking at key parts of the game."

Latest posts