Max Wariboko, CB from Oklahoma is a

Football player from Oklahoma, with offers/interest from Louisville, UCLA, others.

One service reported he committed to THEEEEEEEEEE IOWA HAWKEYES, on Tuesday.

And, I believe there's now another report saying he's strongly considering Iowa.........

Tell this to Tom Kakert at Hawkeye Report. He said Hawks told Wariboko that they were at their limit at DB. I'm pretty sure Hawks aren't going to turn this kid down. Pretty sure they are shutting the door after they get 25 verbals.

Yip, sounds like Iowa is all full now.

Hey Imported delete some of your old inbox messages, I sent you one, but it wouldn't go through.

Please explain how Iowa would tell a kid wanting to give a verbal commitment that they aren't going to accept it. Doesn't make sense to me. So they are going to stop taking any more verbals once they reach 25?

In the article, it mentions his brother Josh that signed with UCLA. Max is 5'10" 168 lbs. Josh is 6'4" 330 lbs. Lucky Josh didn't eat Max when they were growing up.

different fathers or moms maybe????

nmd10.jpg

Well, they accepted two DB commits over the weekend. So, they probably told their DB offers "We have to scholarships left and the first two DB's we've offered who take them will get them". Two did. Done. Given his tape it wouldn't surprise me if Billings ended up at WR. He's electric with the ball in his hands.

Well, they accepted two DB commits over the weekend. So, they probably told their DB offers "We have to scholarships left and the first two DB's we've offered who take them will get them". Two did. Done. Given his tape it wouldn't surprise me if Billings ended up at WR. He's electric with the ball in his hands.

That's why I'm not sold on Iowa telling him they have filled their allotment of DBs. Skill position players get moved around all the time, along with the fact that you need athletic and fast players on special teams.

This is all very odd to me. Not sure why we wouldn't take this kid. It's just strange. Seems like he really wants to be a Hawk.

"Hey Max, this is Paw Whodes, you sure would look great in crimson and mustard yellow".......Just sayin....:p

This is all very odd to me. Not sure why we wouldn't take this kid. It's just strange. Seems like he really wants to be a Hawk.

I think most the evidence points to the fact that the staff simply liked Billings as much as Wariboko. There is no other reason why we would accept Billings commitment if the staff was way higher on Wariboko. Plus consider the fact that Iowa still isn't done recruiting the DB position, this is how I read it. Iowa is looking for their #1 DB targets for that last scholarship. Included in that group is KJ Sails who is visiting in July. He is a Florida kid with offers from several B1G schools (Indiana, Rutgers, Wisconsin, Pitt, UCF and S. Florida)

I think most the evidence points to the fact that the staff simply liked Billings as much as Wariboko. There is no other reason why we would accept Billings commitment if the staff was way higher on Wariboko. Plus consider the fact that Iowa still isn't done recruiting the DB position, this is how I read it. Iowa is looking for their #1 DB targets for that last scholarship. Included in that group is KJ Sails who is visiting in July. He is a Florida kid with offers from several B1G schools (Indiana, Rutgers, Wisconsin, Pitt, UCF and S. Florida)

I think that's likely the case. Plus throw in the fact that Wariboko could still be swayed to go play with his brother at UCLA. If both are equal, Billings seems like the more solid verbal.