Matt Perrault I know you hang out here

Looks like Howe responded on hawkeyeinsider

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=8&f=1376&t=6892540

Howe shows a lot of class with his post.

I too thought Ken Miller's silence was questionable.

Howe is saying he was cut off in the post.

Perrault goes off on a guest being insulting. but how about the host? What is the host's responsibility?

What i didn't like was Perrault's commentary on how Ferentz didn't care about his players, and that the iowa team didn't promote a family atmosphere. He got that because KF didn't know who the team lived with, who they were dating and who was in their circle of friends. Surprised that isn't getting any play.

How many former Hawks go negative on Ferentz for his lack care of players? or about anything KF related?

I would imagine that somebody like DJK, who was performing illegal acts, might be a little more discretionary about who he tells what. Likely people that he trusted to not rat him out, or spread the word. It's just irresponsible to assume that Stanzi had to know, and to say as much on the air. People are entitled to their opinions, yes. I might be of the opinion that Obama is the devil and needs to be killed (I'm not actually of that opinion). But if I were to say as much on the radio, I'd get into a whole heap of trouble.

If that were the case, people would never be caught doing bad things unless actually caught by the authorities in the act. I do believe I just saw Miley Cyrus hitting a bong because her best friend released it. Irresponsible, possibly, but still an opinion on an opinion based show. I guess I just wasn't as outraged about it as some.

Perrault goes off on a guest being insulting. but how about the host? What is the host's responsibility?

What i didn't like was Perrault's commentary on how Ferentz didn't care about his players, and that the iowa team didn't promote a family atmosphere. He got that because KF didn't know who the team lived with, who they were dating and who was in their circle of friends. Surprised that isn't getting any play.

How many former Hawks go negative on Ferentz for his lack care of players? or about anything KF related?

I was surprised too, I found that part a little more insulting that saying Stanzi had to have known. Lambasting an entire organization, etc. MP really needs to rethink how he handles things like this. He states he says what he feels etc, and people react to that, but if people often react in a manner that involves rage and flat out yelling, something is not right.

If that were the case, people would never be caught doing bad things unless actually caught by the authorities in the act. I do believe I just saw Miley Cyrus hitting a bong because her best friend released it. Irresponsible, possibly, but still an opinion on an opinion based show. I guess I just wasn't as outraged about it as some.

He is a media member, and can form opinions based on the actual information he's given. But "he should know because he's the QUARTERBACK" is the kind of logic I'd expect from a 5-year old. Considering the kind of mentality that he displayed throughout the show, that may very well be the highest level of logic that he can operate at.

When TMZ said Hannah Montana was smoking weed out of that bong I was incensed by their irresponsible accusations as that could have been any number of smokeable substances.

When TMZ said Hannah Montana was smoking weed out of that bong I was incensed by their irresponsible accusations as that could have been any number of smokeable substances.

And this proves what point, exactly? TMZ does the same kind of crap that Perrault does. It's not any form of journalism, a complete joke.

And this proves what point, exactly? TMZ does the same kind of crap that Perrault does. It's not any form of journalism, a complete joke.

You almost made my point for me. Except that just because its not journalism doesn't make it a joke. Lots of newspapers and Journalistic entities ran with RMD's in Iraq and we all now how that turned out. I don't believe everything that I hear from everyone but I don't believe everything I see on the news either.

Matt Perrault is a joke. Maybe ISU fans are sharper than most Hawkeye fans because they picked up on this long ago! I urge people to quit listening to his show and sent emails to Van Hardin at WHO radio. Maybe they can convince Miller and Deace to get back on the air!

The only thing that link takes you to is a sign-in screen.

You almost made my point for me. Except that just because its not journalism doesn't make it a joke. Lots of newspapers and Journalistic entities ran with RMD's in Iraq and we all now how that turned out. I don't believe everything that I hear from everyone but I don't believe everything I see on the news either.

I didn't say it's a joke because it isn't journalism. Media like TMZ and Perrault are jokes on their own merit.

I don't believe everything I see on the news, either. But just because it's an opinion doesn't mean it's okay to say whatever you want. There are limits to freedom of speech.

that was about as unprofessional a segment as you can have on the radio on both sides.

You guys turned that show into reality tv.

I'm disappointed in myself for listening to it after reading one of the 10 posts about it.

I am a bit shocked that Matt would come onto a internet message board, in which 90% of the posters disagree with everything you say, and try to defend himself.

and to boast "how much money" you made the site tonight? Wow dude, wow.

I didn't say it's a joke because it isn't journalism. Media like TMZ and Perrault are jokes on their own merit.

I don't believe everything I see on the news, either. But just because it's an opinion doesn't mean it's okay to say whatever you want. There are limits to freedom of speech.

Haha well I think everyone was well within the limits of freedom of speech on this one. I'm surprised you use the internet if you have a problem with that little tea party.

nah I'm pretty sure Ken said that he wasn't big on message boards but he enjoyed going to the lounge cuz they made some stanzi .gif that he liked.

Perault said he never been there and kenny said something of the fact hawkeyelounge was a joke and had like no moderaters or something like that, but then said the stanzi photoshop was made their so some good things come out of their or something like that. Anybody other then cliche remember this from afternoon show after presser?

Haha well I think everyone was well within the limits of freedom of speech on this one. I'm surprised you use the internet if you have a problem with that little tea party.

The way he phrased his argument made it out like Stanzi had to have known, and didn't come forward (which by the way makes him complicit in the crime). That's pushing on defamation which, in case you didn't know, is against the law.

Matt kept saying over and over and over and over again that he would be shocked if nobody on the team knew about DJK. Did you not watch the presser. KF himself said he thought some players on the team probably knew and he wished they would have come to him, but the didn't! I don't think it is not out of the realm of possibility that KF did not know. You can't possibly police 115 kids on a football team as a head coach. I posted earlier today that my parents did not always know what I was doing as a teenager when I lived under their roof. So one could see how KF does not know what is going on with each and every player.

I think many of us, as well as Rob, as well at KF agree that someone on the team knew about what DJK was doing. So to call out a specific player like Stanzi is just wrong without any type of proof what so ever!!!

Latest posts