Matt Perrault I know you hang out here

I can't argue how it ended with Rob - I won't listen to the podcast till tomorrow. Maybe he was cut off ... I just know I didn't do it and Ken says he didn't do it. I took off my headphones and pushed the mic away cause I had had enough of being insulted by a guest. As I told Rob - he was done....and he is. We replaced him tonight.

Im curious, with who?

And for the record, I dont think what you said, Matt, was all that bad. Howe was obviously on his rag and flipped a lid. That being said, you could of been the one to take the high road and just quit, however, you kept fueling the argument.

But when Jon Walters went off on him I'm sure you thought it was all Matt...:eek:
If someone points me to the podcast I will listen and tell you my thoughts. I didn't hear it... but if John Walters went personal without justification then I would say he was wrong too.

I still want to know why Matt was sarcastically calling Rob a "tough guy" when Matt was the one that ended the call.

What do you expect one to do after someone makes you look like a fool on your own radio show? I suspect Matt did not enjoy looking the fool he exposed as today.

So it is easy for him to call Howe a tough guy because he sent him a text that was mean. Poor Matt, Rob probably called him a bad word.

I do appreciate your responses. I just find it amusing that you felt the need to read his text over the air and call him out when he was no longer on the line to respond. When you had him on the line, you ordered someone to kill the call. I just think most professional radio show hosts could have shown more professionalism and maybe some contrition to calm the situation.

I still have not seen anything out of you saying how you mishandled this situation; just excuses. Maybe that will change after you listen to the tape, but I for one won't be listening to your show any longer to hear it.

hawkeyegrant meet Matt.

This is how he rolls....

A. Rob was coming after Matt no matter what he said tonight. Matt was using Rick as an example of a star player....he could have also used Clayborn, Klug or any of the other captains. He stated an opinion about Rick knowing and never said "I know for a fact Rick Stanzi knew DJK was on drugs." I agree that it's probably true some of the players on the team knew DJK was using, but I don't agree with Matt in regards to all of them knowing.....and certainly understand that a 20-22 year old kid isn't going to rat out a teammate.

B. Matt, I REALLY think it would have been a good idea to admit that some in your profession were way off in regards to what transpired the last 48 hours. You admit that you are in the media and have credentials, so people trust what you write/tweet and you (amongst many others) added some serious fuel to the fire. Not admitting your info was bad is analogous to be being disapointed that your info is bad....at least in a lot of people's minds.

I hope you and Rob can repair your professional relationship because his spot on your show is one of the best, and your listeners deserve to get to hear him. If he's not willing to except the olive branch, then that is a different story.

I agree that Rob was going to lay into no matter what, because of the perpetuation of the rumors over the past couple days on Matt's part. But, there can be no denying that the assault intensified quite a bit when Matt threw out Stanzi like that.

And no, that wasn't just using Stanzi as an example. He didn't back off of that comment, didn't say that Clayborn, Sash, etc. could have known too. Just said that Stanzi HAD to know, cause he's the quarterback (as if that really makes a difference?).

Im curious, with who?

And for the record, I dont think what you said, Matt, was all that bad. Howe was obviously on his rag and flipped a lid. That being said, you could of been the one to take the high road and just quit, however, you kept fueling the argument.

So, suppose Matt had said the following back when David Sims swiped that credit card, and said it to Jon Walters:

"Austen Arnaud had to have known about it, Jon."

How do you think Jon would have handled it? How about your board?

That was in response to him sending me slurs via text. That's why I stopped myself from saying anything else. He went WAY over the line.

What kind of person calls out another respected person like Rob Howe and states that he went 'WAY over the line' given your track record?

The same person that threw Ricky Stanzi under the bus for no reason and then came up with some BS reasoning about him being the QB ? So did that mean that if DJK had been a defensive lineman then the middle linebacker should have known every aspect of his life?

Look if Rob is off your show I have a strong belief that many in the Hawkeye fan base will be done with your show as well,,, myself included. You owe Rob and the fan base a huge apology for the smear campaign on the U of I you tried to run over the past couple of days. You saw an opportunity and ran with it as usual.

You provided no insights and facts on what other BCS conference teams were doing for drug testing, off the field-issues, etc. that could have given the audience some practical guidance on this situation. Instead nothing but rumors, assumptions and finger pointing.

So, suppose Matt had said the following back when David Sims swiped that credit card, and said it to Jon Walters:

"Austen Arnaud had to have known about it, Jon."

How do you think Jon would have handled it? How about your board?

If Sims was habitually stealing credit cards and buying things with them, I don't see how asking if other teammates knew about it is a bad thing. Its a legit question.

Im curious, with who?

Tom Kaekert of HawkeyeReport.com will be our new Iowa reporter.

If Sims was habitually stealing credit cards and buying things with them, I don't see how asking if other teammates knew about it is a bad thing. Its a legit question.

I'm not talking "other teammates," I'm talking the starting, senior QB. Arnaud specifically. That's the **** he pulled today.

Funny how its not right to post something that you heard from an anonymous source in relation to Iowa football players but you can slag off someone you only know from a radio show and basically call him a POS and it is fair game.

I havent read all of this but has he defended his Stanzi comment with any proof yet or is he avoiding that

He has no proof whatsoever and has smeared Stanzi's name on public airways with nothing but lame opinions to back it up. We just need an attorney to get involved to file a complaint on Stanzi's behalf against KXNO and maybe Van Harden will see the light.

Last edited:

ASKING that question is legitimate, fair, and totally within the rules. But that's not what Matt did. He didn't ask a question, he made a statement. Saying that Ricky Stanzi HAD to know about DJK and his drug use is not the same as ASKING if Stanzi knew.

Latest posts