Matt Gatens

slmatt

Was it just me, but watching Matty Fresh walk off the court at Carver with a few seconds left in the game gave me chills.....right next to the man, it seems, Matt would like to hand the reigns of the team to.

Gatens is one of those guys who you think of when you think of Hawkeye Basketball. For me, growing up, I think of some of my favorite basketball players being the guys that put out the effot: Jess Settles, Chris Street, Wade Lookingbill, Jeff Brunner, those guys that would do anything to get a WIN for the team!!

I hope Matt and the boys give everything they have in Oregon on that hideous court and end the University of Phil Knight's NIT run.

M.S.G. HERE WE COME!!

I got chills at the exact same time you did. I then got kinda choked up when he waved to the fans amd walkd into the tunnle. He deserved winning this game and the fans fueling the win. Sure he probably wishes he could play in the ncaa tourny, but I bet he loves that he got one more game at home.

Greg Horner could play too! (I kid, I kid). It was fun to see Matt take one last glance back at the crowd before he went in the tunnel. Great memory.

430633_10150664233588847_41486668846_9323353_1082020867_n.jpg

Yep, that would be awesome......not even going to comment or edit the post....just gonna leave it......EPIC.......................................................failure

Your point is spot on, though. Gatens is now on the list of all-time greats. He's been committed to the team for the past eight years -- unfortunately through three coaches and some of the worst seasons in history. I wish the team had more success during his career, but hopefully he'll be able to look back and know that he had a part in building an elite program.

Gatens has been the hardest working player I've seen in a LONG time. That guy does not stop moving effort to get open. The last half of this season teams realized he could shoot and did everything they could to guard him. Even though his numbers haven't really been there the past 3 games, he is doing A LOT of unnoticed dirty work. This team is really gelling right now and there is no doubt that it is because of #5 on and off the court.

Not really. Apparently you weren't around to see all the lost threads on this site when the show was winding down? Those who were will get it. Our own Mr. Miller was a huge fan of the show. Anyway, I digress.....a cool moment for Gatens and White.

Latest posts