Matt Gatens Love Fest!

Two truly amazing performances against very good teams. Very happy for that young man. He deserves it. Great night.

What a show by Gatens. He is really stepping up like a man. Bobby Hansen told him to change his release and look how easy he is making it look now. Love to see the waving and fist pumps out of him. He is having a blast as he finishes his Hawkeye career strong.

Two truly amazing performances against very good teams. Very happy for that young man. He deserves it. Great night.

I seriously cannot help but feel enthusiastically happy for MG also! Seriously, quite an inspiration. He could've folded up from criticism, or coaching frustrations...but he fought on. Great story!

Gatens is going to be known for the rest of his life in Iowa City as the person who helped bring Iowa basketball back from the dead.

I truly hope his last home game can be as special. It will be really hard to duplicate that I'm afraid. But, it will be rockin' and he will give it everything he has as he always does.

it is great to see a home state kid beat the brat and cheeseheads after the last 6 or 7 years where home state kids have shunned us to go their.

Rename CHA to Gaten's Coliseum cause it's his mother****ing house. Great hawk, great leader. I've never rushed home after work to catch an Bb game for awhile....

If he by some miracle gets this team to the Dance, he goes down as no worse than #2 on the list of great HAWKEYES ever. He'll never be consider among the very best players, but IMO, if he pulls it off, only Chris Street will have been an even truer Hawkeye.

If he by some miracle gets this team to the Dance, he goes down as no worse than #2 on the list of great HAWKEYES ever. He'll never be consider among the very best players, but IMO, if he pulls it off, only Chris Street will have been an even truer Hawkeye.

This is just ridiculous. How about Horner and Brunner who stuck with Iowa during the whole Pierre Pierce debacles and actually led Iowa to a 25 win season? How about Andre Woolridge singlehandedly carrying a team to a second place B10 finish? How about Jess Settles? Or any number of Hawkeye greats in the 80's who led Iowa teams deep in the NCAA tournament?

Latest posts