Masoli from Oregon in trouble

This may get swept under the rug just like at many other problems around the country. When the school receives a lot of money from its football program, there tends to be extreme leniency granted. I think this type of stuff happens at a lot of major programs but it is all kept quiet. In my opinion nothing is going to come out of this......

Read the original article, that kid was specific and adamant about Masoli and Embry and the course of events. Even chased down one of them to retrieve a digital projector. Police last night denied they ever told anyone about who is or is_not a suspect.

I would say... it looks bad. The Oregonian, fyi, has never hesitated to go hard after Oregon athletics misbehavior.

Kinda tough to suspend someone who hasn't been charged. According to the article, "The Oregon athletic dept. is, for the moment, silent about the incident. As are the police. Masoli has not been charged or booked for anything and it is not known yet if police have even talked to him."

I imagine that the truth is in there somewhere, but it might make sense to see if he is actually charged with a crime.

Before everyone goes off on Oregon, don't forget they suspended a kid for the season. Yes, Blount HIT the kid from Boise State, but THAT kid--who CLEARLY baited and goaded Blount after the game--was the one who got "in-house". Blount DID earn his way back onto the team by the end--and I mean last game or two--of the season.

I'd say Oregon can't be lumped in with "no/light-punishment" schools, and this situation may actually BE a case of mistaken identity, or worse, an outright false accusation. Too early to tell...

If it was the QB and a sophmore WR, gotta give credit to the frat kid from Portland for chasing down the WR to get his projector back. If they did it, I doubt they get suspended at all. Pay the fine, run a few extra laps and apologize. Call it good.

Latest posts