Maryland Uniforms

Cardinals54

Watching OSU pound Maryland this afternoon. What's up with the Maryland uni's? Couldn't they decide what colors to use?? The helmets are half red and white / half black and gold, as well as the same mix on the unis. What the he**? The uniforms alone should've been enough to keep them out of the league. :eek: Anyway, anyone happen to know the story on how they arrived at their uniform color selection?

I think they have a lot of state flags that look like English and French flags that old King's armies would fly.

No one told you? Thats what passes for cool and trendy today. That is, if cool and trendy are still hip terms to use to describe something thats rad or awesome.

Change can be interesting sometimes, and sometimes good. I would put the Md uniforms more in the interesting category.

And if the Terrapin is a turtle, what the heck with the uniform design? It looks like *hit thrown at a fan, or paint splattered on a canvas that someone calls art.[h=1][/h]

And if the Terrapin is a turtle, what the heck with the uniform design? It looks like *hit thrown at a fan, or paint splattered on a canvas that someone calls art.

A weird color scheme loosely based on the flag.

I live on the Maryland/ DC border about 15 minutes from College Park...they love their flag (and rightfully so, it's an awesome state flag), but this uniform is...eeesh.

nunst032.gif

I live on the Maryland/ DC border about 15 minutes from College Park...they love their flag (and rightfully so, it's an awesome state flag), but this uniform is...eeesh.

nunst032.gif

I will give them this.....it has some black and gold in there...nothing wrong with that so long as they know who the true black and gold is in the conference. :)

nunst032.gif

It is a cool looking flag. It beats the he!! out of Nevada's. :eek:

nunst032.gif

Known as the Lord Baltimore flag if I am not mistaken. The English lord who lorded over Baltimore. He had this flag made for his lordship.

I like it.

I actual think that Maryland's uniforms are sweet. They are sweet unique and definitely not a 70's era NFL ripoff. ASU is another team that turned some ugly uniforms into something really cool.

Latest posts