Maryland game this weekend

Maryland Blue Crab and a beer works really well together. It's a blast...they dump a pail of them on the table and you go to work...smash and eat baby.

It's great time around most of the harbor...some areas of Baltimore, not so much.

The aquarium is massive and amazing - best in the country, you need to reserve tickets in advance. The B&O Railroad museum is also excellent, if you're into that. And for sure on the crab.

Downtown is not safe at night. More Newark than New York.

I’m trying to decipher what Vegas sees in this game. Maryland −5 at this point. We’ve won 6 of 7 on the road, covering in every single one. C.J. Brown is really banged up too.

Vegas sees $ going towards Maryland therefore moving the line up to get more money on the Hawks. Vegas doesn't give a rats a$$ who wins and the line doesn't mean they think Maryland will win or is even the better team. The line movement is only to get equal betting on both sides. It is the general public that sees something to take Maryland and not Vegas.

Would be nice to get the win this Saturday. Maryland is coming off a bye week and it's their homecoming. Hate to think this way but this is that one game that I thought could be a trap game for us ... Maryland will be hungry for the win ... and I am guessing we will see their best game yet ... Go Hawks ...

A trap game when the Hawks have a bye next week?

Would be nice to get the win this Saturday. Maryland is coming off a bye week and it's their homecoming. Hate to think this way but this is that one game that I thought could be a trap game for us ... Maryland will be hungry for the win ... and I am guessing we will see their best game yet ... Go Hawks ...

This one worries me. MD can have a dynamic offense and if they get up early it could get ugly. However, our defense is salty and MD doesn't have great running back like Indiana did so I think we can contain them. CJ Brown is injury prone so knocking him out of the game isn't out of the question.

Maryland Blue Crab and a beer works really well together. It's a blast...they dump a pail of them on the table and you go to work...smash and eat baby.

It's great time around most of the harbor...some areas of Baltimore, not so much. A few years back, maybe 15 years ago, prior to navigation, I had to stop to get directions...I pulled off the freeway to a gas station. It was like 11:00pm, but this place was lit up like the demilitarized zone of a major war scene. Ok, I thought that was pretty weird, but I got out and walk into the gas station / convenience store, and you find yourself in this small area and the whole store is behind the plexiglass. You have to tell the guy what you want and he goes and gets it and slides it through the drawer.

He kind of looked at me funny when I walked in...kind of, "what the hell is this guy doing here after dark look." The good thing was that when I was getting back to the freeway they had all these blue lights every corner or intersection...kind of like The Great Gatsby thing...NOT.

Did you steal that from the plot of the movie "Judgment Night"?:)

You ever seen The Wire?

Regarding the thread topic... I just heard on the radio about this Caleb Rowe injury. If true that's a bummer for the kid. Sounds like he gets playing time because he's the better passer. I have season tickets to the Hawks so I haven't really been able to see Maryland play much this year. No idea how much he plays, but at least it gives the Hawks an advantage as far as preparation.

I'm not sure how much it impacts the game. I'm sure Iowa would have preferred to see Caleb Rowe in the game as they generally have better luck defending pro style QB's. CJ Brown is the kind of QB who has given Iowa fits in the past. Hoping that isn't the case on Saturday.

Is that still accurate? 10-15 years ago,definitely. Now, I dunno. Mid-size cities like Pittsburgh and Baltimore in the last 5 years or so have had an huge influx of recent college grads because the cost of living is cheaper than DC/New York, but you still get that big city vibe.

For a weekend I could do the aging hipster thing.:)

Crabcakes-and-Football-e1359066562236.jpg

Vegas sees $ going towards Maryland therefore moving the line up to get more money on the Hawks. Vegas doesn't give a rats a$$ who wins and the line doesn't mean they think Maryland will win or is even the better team. The line movement is only to get equal betting on both sides. It is the general public that sees something to take Maryland and not Vegas.

The general public doesn't move lines nearly as much as early and late sharps. Early sharps were betting Maryland.

I think the hawks need to plan on scoring early and often in this one.

Kirk Ball probably won't get it done.

I think the hawks need to plan on scoring early and often in this one.

Kirk Ball probably won't get it done.

They play a 3-4 so I'm thinking a healthy dose of Weisman behind Scherff and they better pack a lunch. Sprinkle in a healthy Canzeri. Maryland has the 13th worst rush defense in the Big 10.

They play a 3-4 so I'm thinking a healthy dose of Weisman behind Scherff and they better pack a lunch. Sprinkle in a healthy Canzeri. Maryland has the 13th worst rush defense in the Big 10.

Which will result in us passing 55 times :)

Even back in the KOK days, it seemed like if the other team had a glaring weakness, we would come out doing the opposite.

I would prefer to see us come out and pound the ball, but with Canzeri, Daniels, and Parker. Save MW for the 10 yard line.

THey're good in the redzone on D. and don't forget their stats have been skewed by games with WVA and OSU.

Run the ball...a lot. Power, not to the edge. Gotta have extended drives that result in points...we don't want a track meet.

Need to get contained pressure with the front four, but I would like to see a few blitzes, at least run blitzes early in the game. They will test our lbs in pass coverage...which worries me.

We're here. Booked a blind special on hotwire.com and boom got the same hotel where the Hawkeye Huddle is being held. 3miles from campus.

Which will result in us passing 55 times :)

Even back in the KOK days, it seemed like if the other team had a glaring weakness, we would come out doing the opposite

You nailed the 4th quarter. Unfortunately. :mad:

Latest posts