Maryland crawls into Carver official game thread

Over how many years? Would you take JB over Arnold, Car Fino, BJ, Hansen, and a bunch of others?
Assists per game has nothing to do with number of years played.

I stayed away from longevity stats when it came to JBo.

As a clutch shooter JBo is up there with anyone I've seen in over 40 years. BJ wasn't far behind. Arnold and Carfino were physical barrel chested, thick legged two way point guards that Lute seemed to favor.

Assists per game has nothing to do with number of years played.

I stayed away from longevity stats when it came to JBo.

As a clutch shooter JBo is up there with anyone I've seen in over 40 years. BJ wasn't far behind. Arnold and Carfino were physical barrel chested, thick legged two way point guards that Lute seemed to favor.
Years of experience does. Iowa actually may finally have pt guards that can win championships and advance. Pt guard have to go to the rim. I would call Arnol barrell chested and Lester certainly wasn't. The pt guard is also the point of the D.

JBo was a lot of things but not a championship pt guard. He was used as a pt guard.

A 3 can pile up assist as well. Different assists. JBo didn't breakdown D s. His assist were like a 3 or a 2 with great vision.

Put BJ, SC or Woolridge on any of JBo s teams and what would happen. Especially with JBo the 2.

MLand was suppose to be a very tough defensive team.
They had a week to prepare and get healthy.
Unreal, how many easy layups Iowa got, especially in the 1st half.
Shocked how soft the turtles were at the rim.
As Fran said postgame, Maryland was switching on the guards and switching hard and out, with the intent of taking away Iowa's 3pt shots and also mucking up Fran's motion offense. But that left the middle wide open and completely unguarded, and Perkins was instructed to take advantage. Good coaching, and good execution by a player who could deliver the goods. Then when the Terps went zone, Sandfort had the answer.
Maryland just didn't strike me as a very good team overall today, honestly. Not quite sure how they got so many quality wins in non-conference games.
At some point, all of Iowa's offensive players will go cold in the same game; but I'm realizing how most BTen teams really rely on 2 or 3 players for offense, while the Hawks have 5 guys who literally can go off during any game -- and HAVE already this year. No wonder Iowa leads the BTen in scoring.

Years of experience does. Iowa actually may finally have pt guards that can win championships and advance. Pt guard have to go to the rim. I would call Arnol barrell chested and Lester certainly wasn't. The pt guard is also the point of the D.

JBo was a lot of things but not a championship pt guard. He was used as a pt guard.

A 3 can pile up assist as well. Different assists. JBo didn't breakdown D s. His assist were like a 3 or a 2 with great vision.

Put BJ, SC or Woolridge on any of JBo s teams and what would happen. Especially with JBo the 2.
Not arguing the defensive acumen or penetrating ability of any of the guys you mentioned, only assists. And don't care how the assist was made because they all count the same.

We all know JBo was a two with the body of a one. Know what I would have loved to see? BJ at the two along side a classic point guard. Know what else I would like to see? The "hockey assist" become an official stat. The pass that leads to the assist is frequently the most important one, and may be a truer assessment of court vision/passing ability.

I've played with both skinner and bohannon in pick up basketball (with skinner in the 90's)

Bohannon is quicker.

Skinner never misses however if open...
I once guarded an all B1G player in a pickup game.

Amy Herrig:) And she had seven inches on me. I had to front her best I could.

Latest posts