Maryland at Iowa, Sunday Feb 8, 2 pm

Good win. Another notch on our resume. We're better than almost every team on the schedule the rest of the way so if we could avoid a collapse like last year that'd be cool. I really didn't like how we kind of coasted in the second half but I suppose when you're up 23 at the break that can happen.

I have a feeling the Minnesota game will be annoyingly close so I hope we can take care of business.

This would be a huge win for Iowa because after this game we only play one game (Indiana) against a team that's above us in the standings. We will likely be favored in our 8 remaining games. I predict a Hawks win today 72 - 62. Go Hawks!

Not a bad guess on the score!

3 VERY winnable games coming up starting with Minnesota on Thursday. Time to hammer down and win the games you should.

Hey, 6-4 in the Big 10. If we didn't have that 3 game losing streak ..... Just think, if we hadn't lost any games ...... We'd have a really good record. And now I get to hear Settles say Iowa is a major factor.

Jess Settles was saying the league is going to have to investigate the Woodbury incident. Hopefully nothing serious comes out of it and they just tell him to knock it off.

Jess Settles was saying the league is going to have to investigate the Woodbury incident. Hopefully nothing serious comes out of it and they just tell him to knock it off.

I refuse to believe that Woodbury has the coordination and aim to hit a moving target directly in the eye like on that play.

Good day for the home grown Iowa players. Let's hope all those newly acquired home grown football recruits pan out in similar fashion in the future.

Iowa, the new fertile recruiting grounds. :)

Nice win today guys! Even though Maryland beat my cyclones earlier this year, i was rooting for the hawks all game long :) The hawkeyes tournament resume is starting to come together quite nicely. Also, it was good to see Woodbury have another good game and starting to look like the player everyone thought he could be. Not sure what the "lightswitch" moment was for him, but it definitely seems "on" now.

I refuse to believe that Woodbury has the coordination and aim to hit a moving target directly in the eye like on that play.

Maybe so. However I've watch a ton of basketball over the years and I can't recall it happening as much as it has with Mr. Woodbury.. Just Sayin!

Sagarin, KenPom both point to this being a close game. Hawks could use another quality win as UNC and OSU fade into the past. Not to mention, a W and taking care of what's left they way people expect and they're a lock for the NCAA. In other words, Hawks future is in their own hands ...

When was last time Iowa delivered in that situation???

I got Maryland by 12. Sorry.

Thanks for apologizing for the 'outstanding' prediction, already.

Wow, well done.........LMAO

Latest posts