Marvin McNutt and records

With 21 more receptions and 2 more touchdowns, McNutt will walk out with all 6 major receiving records.

imagine if he was playing in a pass first offense, he'd be all over ESPN. to put up numbers like that in a power O, that's the really impressive part.

With 21 more receptions and 2 more touchdowns, McNutt will walk out with all 6 major receiving records.

I think he'll get the two TDs, but not 21 more catches in the final two games.
IF we end up in a bowl, then I think he'll get the catches too.
Regardless, he's been my favorite Hawkeye of the KF era...and it isn't close.

I think he'll get the two TDs, but not 21 more catches in the final two games.
IF we end up in a bowl, then I think he'll get the catches too.
Regardless, he's been my favorite Hawkeye of the KF era...and it isn't close.

We're going to make a bowl. With as many games as there are now, bowl reps are on pins and needles hoping there are enough 6-win teams to fill all the slots. So we're in a bowl game regardless of what happens the next two weeks.

Ewwww. The thought of #7MMJR on teh boarz makes me want to vomit.
New England or Carolina, please.

Imagine if we played Indiana twice each year instead of just once. McNutt would have every NCAA record.

Update

With two games remaining, unofficially McNutt has 74 receptions for 1,240 yards and 12 TD's on the season. That puts him at 162 receptions for 2,786 yards and 28 TD's for his career.

Marvin now owns Iowa receiving records for most TD catches in a season, most TD catches in a career, most receiving yards in a season, most receiving yards in a career. With 12 more catches McNutt will break both the single season and career receptions records and will own every major receiving record in University of Iowa history.

Re: Update

With two games remaining, unofficially McNutt has 74 receptions for 1,240 yards and 12 TD's on the season. That puts him at 162 receptions for 2,786 yards and 28 TD's for his career.

Marvin now owns Iowa receiving records for most TD catches in a season, most TD catches in a career, most receiving yards in a season, most receiving yards in a career. With 12 more catches McNutt will break both the single season and career receptions records and will own every major receiving record in University of Iowa history.

Awesome. Hope he gets it next week...just wish we would stop going away from him so frequently.

Thanks for the update, Herk. I am going to redact my previous comment in which I doubted that MMJR would capture the total receptions mark. I think he'll get it easily between the final game and the bowl game.

Latest posts