Mark Richt is coaching to win

Anyone follow this story this week? Mark Richt retired as Miami coach. The story is ... he refused to fire his son (QB coach) along with all offensive assistants. The new coach (Manny Diaz) came in and ... fired all of the offensive coaches.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local...ver-Offensive-Assistant-Report-503753381.html

The South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported that Diaz has fired every assistant coach on the offensive side of the ball – including quarterbacks coach Jon Richt, the son of former head coach Mark Richt who retired Sunday after three seasons leading his alma mater.

Along with the younger Richt, Diaz let go offensive coordinator and running backs coach Thomas Brown, wide receivers coach Ron Dugans, tight ends coach Todd Hartley and offensive line coach Stacy Searels as well as strength and conditioning coach Gus Felder.

I used to wonder why people lose their ***t when old threads get bumped. I like the practice. It can shine sunlight on people who position themselves as superior to others. And as Gods gift to humanity, I like reminding people there is only one superior human being. And you just enjoyed the orgasmic pleasure of reading his post.

I used to wonder why people lose their ***t when old threads get bumped. I like the practice. It can shine sunlight on people who position themselves as superior to others. And as Gods gift to humanity, I like reminding people there is only one superior human being. And you just enjoyed the orgasmic pleasure of reading his post.
Ghost truly was the best of the best when he was in his prime.

Anyone follow this story this week? Mark Richt retired as Miami coach. The story is ... he refused to fire his son (QB coach) along with all offensive assistants. The new coach (Manny Diaz) came in and ... fired all of the offensive coaches.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local...ver-Offensive-Assistant-Report-503753381.html

The South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported that Diaz has fired every assistant coach on the offensive side of the ball – including quarterbacks coach Jon Richt, the son of former head coach Mark Richt who retired Sunday after three seasons leading his alma mater.

Along with the younger Richt, Diaz let go offensive coordinator and running backs coach Thomas Brown, wide receivers coach Ron Dugans, tight ends coach Todd Hartley and offensive line coach Stacy Searels as well as strength and conditioning coach Gus Felder.
Interesting. I heard about the abrupt retirement and quick hire of Diaz but none of this back story.. Not many coaches would go along with being told by AD, president whoever to fire their whole staff on one side of the ball or the other... Especially if their kid is one of them then it's take your ball and go home time too. I'm sure his kid cleaned out his desk the same day Dad did.

Latest posts