Mark Jones & Bob Davie announcing game Sat night

That's cool. They are a good duo, one of the best IMHO.
We'll get to hear several new "Davie-isms", I hope. :D

I know a lot of people rag on Davie (and Griese) as commentators, but I've never had a problem with either of them. And Jones is a pretty damn good play by play guy. He made some really good calls during the Indiana game last year.

Mark Jones is great. While I don't really care for Griese (too pro-Michigan), Bob Davie is always very pro-Iowa. Good team to call this game.

I know a lot of people rag on Davie (and Griese) as commentators, but I've never had a problem with either of them. And Jones is a pretty damn good play by play guy. He made some really good calls during the Indiana game last year.

Mark Jones is great. While I don't really care for Griese (too pro-Michigan), Bob Davie is always very pro-Iowa. Good team to call this game.

I'll give you that about Griese, but if we aren't playing Michigan I like what he's got to offer. I remember during the Wisky game last year he mentioned "And you can't forget your TE's". Literally five seconds later, Stanzi lofted that absolutely GORGEOUS pass to Moeaki in the corner of the endzone. He mentions stuff like that all the time and it doesn't take long for him to be proven right. So he's got some bias, but he's still pretty knowledgeable.

Brian Griese is actually doing some games now, and I think he does a solid job. I'd rather listen to him now than his dad. I recall Bob doing games w/ Dick Vermeil back in the day as a 3-man crew, and I always thought Vermeil was a fantastic color man and that he'd get back into broadcasting, but doesn't seem it'll happen.

I've always liked listening to Bob Davie's insight, being a former defensive guru and whatnot, and Mark Jones is an energetic play-by-play man. Don't forget they were in IA City almost every weekend during the '02 season calling games.

I still like Ron Franklin's play-by-play the best (he did Saturday's game), but I can't complain much about having Mark Jones.

IA was on ESPN almost every Sat. a.m. in that '02 season, and Jones and Davie seemingly did every game (though I'm sure it was only maybe 4-5). Jones and Davie would give props to passing through the Ped Mall and made numerous references to how people would recognize them and all they wanted to discuss was the Hawks. Definitely got a feel Jones in particular was on the IA bandwagon that season, which was very cool.

IA was on ESPN almost every Sat. a.m. in that '02 season, and Jones and Davie seemingly did every game (though I'm sure it was only maybe 4-5). Jones and Davie would give props to passing through the Ped Mall and made numerous references to how people would recognize them and all they wanted to discuss was the Hawks. Definitely got a feel Jones in particular was on the IA bandwagon that season, which was very cool.

I loved it. At the beginning of that season I did not like Davie at all, by the end I LOVED him. I can't think of the 2002 season without hearing these guys.

So Gameday is going to Clemson v. Auburn over Iowa v. Arizona? Umm, okay, that makes sense. :rolleyes:

Not to be a smartass, but you know what time Gameday starts out here for us? (Or maybe an hr later in Tuscon.) 7 or 8 a.m. is pretty GD early for a Sat. morning show often relying on college student participation! (But from the few people I've spoken w/, most think the IA-UA is the best game this week.)

Dunno about Griese. From what I remember....whenever he was teamed with Spielman, he sounded rather ignorant.

Dunno about Griese. From what I remember....whenever he was teamed with Spielman, he sounded rather ignorant.

I agree, Seth. Bob Griese's best days are way behind him. That's really my main/only gripe with him - he's old and grouchy and he doesn't seem to care anymore. The college game has seemingly passed him by.
Back when he was paired with Keith Jackson in the 80s/90s, they were the premier team, but that was a long time ago. :(

Save for one. I do really like Chris Martin. He does a pretty damn good job.

C-Mart is the best. I also think Anthony Herron and Derrick Rackley do a fine job.
The BTN seems to have terrific analysts, but are thin in the play-by-play dept.

Oh, and of course, the BTN has THE MOST DOMINATING sideline reporters of any network. Right, Jon? :D