Mark Ingrams Dad and the need for the announcers..

hawkeye12345

to say how GREAT it was that his dad could watch him play in the national championship game.

The dude is in jail. He's not on vacation or in the hospital dying, he's in jail. He's a life long criminal and a was picked up by the federal marshalls because he was a fugitive of justice. He was convicted of cashing more than $300,000 in counterfeit checks before he decided to run for it. He was connected to narcotics deals and money laundering.

Why did mushburger find the need to tell us how great this kid is and how great it is that his dad could watch him play from JAIL?

If anything he should have said how remarkable it is for Ingram to become the type of man he is with such a loser for a dad.

Amazes me how they glorify thugs and the dads who aren't criminals and hold full-time jobs are hardly ever mentioned.

I would like to hear about a player's dad who works 45 hr. a week at a job he does not like. He does so because he is a good man and wants to take care of his family. And he had to take vacation and switch with another guy so he could watch his son in the Orange Bowl. That is what we need more of!!!!!

I would like to hear about a player's dad who works 45 hr. a week at a job he does not like. He does so because he is a good man and wants to take care of his family. And he had to take vacation and switch with another guy so he could watch his son in the Orange Bowl. That is what we need more of!!!!!

Exactly correct!

I'm fine with giving some glory to Ingram. It would be tough to grow up with your father getting into that crap and I couldn't imagine that since my relationship with my father is so close. On the flip side to glorify his father is crap. Especially because the problems that he's caused could potentially damage his son.

I wish ESPN would have recognized that his father was not a good man, I'm all for someone changing there life around or whatever but stop giving this man recognition like he deserves it.

well said!

I don't think they were glorifying the father, but rather using him to show what a quality person Mark has developed into, despite all of the hardships his family has faced. I think it meant a lot to Mark for his father to see him play, which is why they mentioned it.

I don't think they were glorifying the father, but rather using him to show what a quality person Mark has developed into, despite all of the hardships his family has faced. I think it meant a lot to Mark for his father to see him play, which is why they mentioned it.

Agreed- I was about to post a similar response.

Oh, they definitely were. I just get uncomfortable when they do stuff like that. Sure, you are honoring a man who has had to overcome a lot to get to where he his but on the flip side, talking about his father on national TV honors a man who normally would not get mention normally.

The fact that the man is in prison gets his name on national TV as opposed to the father who did everything right. Granted I'd rather not be remotely famous and stay out of jail (for the most part) but still.

It's really not too big of a deal either way.

Oh, they definitely were. I just get uncomfortable when they do stuff like that. Sure, you are honoring a man who has had to overcome a lot to get to where he his but on the flip side, talking about his father on national TV honors a man who normally would not get mention normally.

The fact that the man is in prison gets his name on national TV as opposed to the father who did everything right. Granted I'd rather not be remotely famous and stay out of jail (for the most part) but still.

It's really not too big of a deal either way.

In Washington DC there is a big statue of FDR's dog. No matter what I acheive in life, I will not get a bronze effigy, but that damned dog did. Sometimes that is just the way things work out.

466416678_448460e269.jpg

Latest posts