Mark Aguire

koolhandlick

I heard former Depaul star Mark Aguire commenting about the current state of the program. He said that he hoped Depaul could hire a coach with the passion to rebuild a once proud program. I only wish that Iowa can do the same.

Last edited:
I heard former Depaul star Mark Aguire commenting about the current state of the program. He said that he hoped Depaul could hire a couch with the passion to rebuild a once proud program. I only wish that Iowa can do the same.
Well Mark and the Depaul faithful will be waiting along time if a Couch is hired..:)

I hear that Craig Robinson is on their list. Doubtful he would jump for the DePaul job,tho,imo. Aguirre would be like BJ Armstrong coming to Iowa...sounds good at first blush,but can he coach? I presume that Aguirre is on an NBA staff now? If so, might catch lightning in a bottle with city kids.

Right there in Chicago, with all of that local talent available, I can't understand why Depaul is always so horrid in basketball these days. I know Illinois has to be taking some of those players, but still..

Do they have strict academic requirements or something?

Facility is NO WHERE near the campus. How do you expect college students to make it to games when they have to travel at least 25 mins. If they don't have transporation, the public transportation isn't the best to get there either.

The arena is a problem. The league is a problem. They are in over their head in the Big East.

Facility is NO WHERE near the campus. How do you expect college students to make it to games when they have to travel at least 25 mins. If they don't have transporation, the public transportation isn't the best to get there either.

Where is the arena?

The arena is a problem. The league is a problem. They are in over their head in the Big East.

Very true. They joined the Big East at a terrible time for their program. It's very hard to rebuild a program when you are in a new conference that is as strong and as deep as the Big East. They also have nowhere near the athletic budget of many of the other conference teams as they don't have a D-I football program.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Marquette struggle in the upcoming years either.

Allstate Arena is about 15 miles from Campus, thru some of the worst traffic in the world from about 5-7 oclock with game times at 7 oclock...in other words, it is like an hour to get out there from campus.