Marcus Paige

Pro-rating Clemmons' rebounds, assists, steals, turnover and points to Paige's minutes they are virtually identical.

AC's numbers are much better. Give him the extra minutes & he is closer to 6 assists per game. I will take his defense over MP's any day. His shooting percentage is far greater. Could be better on the line, but he has been decent of late, hitting 10 of 12 shots in the last 5 games.

It's fair to say not all freshmen are ready to produce day one. Doesn't mean they won't be great in year 4. Nowadays there doesn't seem to be any patience for that. They'll have recruited 2 or 3 kids right behind you that'll play and to the bench you go for your jr and sr years. College hoops has turned into a reloading not rebuilding world due to the 1 and done rule and overall landscape of college and pro ball. It's caught up to Calipari tho in that it's a tough way to make a living. Even the cream of the crop kids can not be ready day 1. It's why there is only one Derek Rose and one Carmelo Anthony. Catching a superstar in a bottle can happen but doing it every single year is asking a ton. In a perfect world you have a balance of upper and under classmen..... As far as Barnes being a "bust" it's pretty hard to call a kid that got drafted in the top 10 and making that kind of money and playing in the NBA a bust. All I know is you can call me a bust all day long if that's the case. Did he by not winning a ring for Roy and thats why he's a bust? Cause I'd say Barnes is doing alright. I'm not ready to say I'd rather have Clemmons and or Gessel over Paige yet. Stat wise they are close. I love what I've seen from the two young hawks so far. Lets just let their careers unfold. Paige could get alot better and the other two regress or vice versa. Lets let it play out before guessing alittle over half way through their freshman yrs

I don't think Paige is a bad player by any means but I do find it odd that Roy Williams has to come all the way to Iowa to get a player like him.

I mean, really? Thats the best you can do when you're at North Carolina?

I think Paige is currently listed at 157 pounds. Somehow, I just don't see him adding a lot of bulk given his body style. Clemmons, and to a slightly lesser degree, Gesell, seem much more physically able to play at this level.

Latest posts