Marcus Paige Iowa?

There is no way he is coming to Iowa. I played baseball with him for 4 years and he always dreamed of being a Tar Heel. His mom is also one of my teachers and she has said its for sure he is going to NC.

People are hearing these unfounded rumors Jon. Not sure why he feels the need to start rumors and question a kid's loyalty to his word

A decent package deal that lost in Evanston when they didn't listen to Coach Alford and lost again to Northwestern in the NCAA Tournament.

Really OK4P, you need to ease up on the Alf talk. It is going to queer this whole deal somehow.

not sure if you are talking to me, but in the outside world off the message boards these rumors are speading, and it is not just the fans, but this is coming from the professionals that cover the Hawks, whether he changes his mind doesn't concern me, but the people that discuss this, peeks my interest, all i do is pass on what i hear nothing more, at the time Iowa had nothing to offer coming off back to back 20 loss seasons, while UNC at least was in the top 10, but now that Gesell and Woody are on board two of his AAU teammates and a solid Top 25 class there is something to sell other than a dream, currently we have 2 more rides to give, there is still Macon a Top 50 recruit according to ESPN, also according to ESPN has his list down to 4 schools Cincinati, Iowa, Pitt and USC and is waiting til spring to make his decision,now that is quite a class with or without Paige

yea there is no shot at paige. woodbury and paige like each other at basketball, but outside if there aren't real close

That would be another incredible victory if we swayed Paige from UNC but its most likely a pipe dream. His AAU connection with Gessell and Woodbury makes me wonder if he's waivering on his committment to UNC for the chance to play with his 2 former aau teammates. IIRC, didn't Horner, Brunner, and Haluska all play for the same AAU team? That turned out to be a good package deal :D

Huh? Haluska didn't commit to Iowa out of HS. He went to ISU and transferred. Didn't want to play for Morgan, or , you know, a black coach.

Last edited:
not sure if you are talking to me, but in the outside world off the message boards these rumors are speading, and it is not just the fans, but this is coming from the professionals that cover the Hawks, whether he changes his mind doesn't concern me, but the people that discuss this, peeks my interest, all i do is pass on what i hear nothing more, at the time Iowa had nothing to offer coming off back to back 20 loss seasons, while UNC at least was in the top 10, but now that Gesell and Woody are on board two of his AAU teammates and a solid Top 25 class there is something to sell other than a dream, currently we have 2 more rides to give, there is still Macon a Top 50 recruit according to ESPN, also according to ESPN has his list down to 4 schools Cincinati, Iowa, Pitt and USC and is waiting til spring to make his decision,now that is quite a class with or without Paige

Macon eliminated Iowa. ESPN is about a month behind or more. All the people on here who actually know Paige say he isn't coming. The writers spreading these rumors are doing the same thing realignment bloggers are trying to do. Generate page hits. Hooray bad journalism.

Macon eliminated Iowa. ESPN is about a month behind or more. All the people on here who actually know Paige say he isn't coming. The writers spreading these rumors are doing the same thing realignment bloggers are trying to do. Generate page hits. Hooray bad journalism.

Says the bitter ISU fan who just casually throws out that Adam Haluska is a racist.

Latest posts