Marcus Collins busted for OWI

I guess that is why Spearman appeared ahead of him on the depth chart this week. Hope the kid lands on his feet. Looks like Spearman just got an easier path to replacing Hitchens next year

Sounds like it was the right decision. It may not the best for football team, but probably the best for the young man. Just about the time you think the kids are starting to "get it" something like this pops up.

If he was playing for MSU they would have made sure he wrote on the blackboard 10's I will not get caught.

I feel for the kid but if you are serving a 3 game suspension already the last thing you should do is go out and get blitzed and drive a car.

The fact that it was 2 days before a game makes the decision that much worse.

My cousin was killed by a drunk driver so IMO there is no excuse for it and honestly penalties are not harsh enough right now. With the 3 game suspension there were obviously other issues. Hate losing kids and honestly he probably needed more structure, not less. So it is very unfortunate.

And apparently he got busted for driving on a suspended license 5 days ago? That could be where the 3-game suspension started...

Sounds like it was the right decision. It may not the best for football team, but probably the best for the young man. Just about the time you think the kids are starting to "get it" something like this pops up.

If he was playing for MSU they would have made sure he wrote on the blackboard 10's I will not get caught.

It's bad for the team and it's especially bad for him. Nothing good comes from him getting kicked off the team.

I'm surprised by the lack of Cyfans calling out our team, players and coaches. Maybe everybody's grown up and we all know this happens at all colleges. I like to think that is the case anyway.

I'm surprised by the lack of Cyfans calling out our team, players and coaches. Maybe everybody's grown up and we all know this happens at all colleges. I like to think that is the case anyway.

Yeah its a Hawkeye getting in trouble but they really can't say anything since swift punishment was handed out. Its not like we decided to suspend him for just one more game or anything like that.

Last edited:
idiot. already suspended, gets another OWI then forgets to put his car in park and hits a squad car. Don't think this is the kind of kid we want on the field making decisions when the game is on the line.

It’s always a shame when someone doesn’t grow up in time to do what he wants to do in life. It’s something that happens with regularity though.

Wasn't it james ferentz that had 2 legal run ins with alcohal? He seemed to bounce back fine for the hawks when given his 3rd chance.

Latest posts