Marcus Coker from Friday Night..

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
11 carries for 45 yards, missed the second half due to precaution from a groin injury.

LINK

From the item:

season totals to 124 carries for 1,289 yards with 17 touchdowns. He was averaging more than 200 yards per game prior to this game.

The University of Iowa recruit didn't return to the game as a precaution, and because the Stags had a 20-0 halftime lead, McGregor said. McGregor added that he will rest Coker during practice this coming week, but said he has no worries about Coker's availability for DeMatha's game next Saturday against Bishop O'Connell.

I was looking to see what Coker did last game and found this.
"DeMatha running back Marcus Coker sat out a 35-7 victory over O'Connell because of a pulled groin."
But I also found this which caught my attention for obvious reasons.
coaleweb.jpg

River Hill senior lineman Max Coale (79). (By Jonathan Newton -- The Washington Post)

Interesting...does Iowa allow schools to do that? I remember a school in KC suburbs having something like that and there was an issue back in the late 1990's

Didn't Wisconsin give Williamsburg a cease and desist letter about using their "W" a couple years ago too?
________
WEB SHOWS

Last edited:
Interesting...does Iowa allow schools to do that? I remember a school in KC suburbs having something like that and there was an issue back in the late 1990's

Even more recently Jon, a few years ago (maybe 5) a school in Michigan went so far as to ask permission to use the TigerHawk and Iowa told them "no"...but I think they're fine with schools NOT asking, as weird as that sounds...because I'm pretty sure one of Iowa's receivers, Stross maybe? Played for a HS team that uses the TigerHawk logo...maybe it was Dakota Getz...it's going to kill me, not remembering...thanks Jon...thanks...

That's the only side by side pic I could find...note similar shape, but the middle point is completely different...this would be like Iowa going after Southern Miss for their logo...oh wait, they tried...Anyway, they're more similar than I remembered...I didn't remember any othe points being that similar, so I hope this pic is a correct likeness.

I was looking to see what Coker did last game and found this.
"DeMatha running back Marcus Coker sat out a 35-7 victory over O'Connell because of a pulled groin."
But I also found this which caught my attention for obvious reasons.
coaleweb.jpg

River Hill senior lineman Max Coale (79). (By Jonathan Newton -- The Washington Post)

Looked like Bulaga paving the way for young Coker

Things I notice/want to say about this thread:

a) Check out the hops of the ball carrier. Dude must have a 40" vertical.
b) I dig the Tiger Hawk logo.
c) Williamsburg WAS issued a cease order. As was the Raiders' former EIHC rival, Wilton.

d) I do not like hearing about hamstring/quad injuries. They scare me for the future.

I can assure you Iowa knows about this schools trademark infringement and has let the school know about it.

Latest posts