Marble now the 4th leading scorer in the Big Ten

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
16.1/ppg...only two games in the Big Ten tonight and Cody Zeller had 16 so he will not be ahead of Dev. Dev will trail Ohio State's Deshaun Thomas, Illinois guard Brandon Paul and Michigan PG Trey Burke.

I was skeptical that he could make another exponential jump this year. He is starting to play that way.

I'm amazed at what he has done from behind the arc. His dribble drive and pull up games are going to be so much more effective.

I'm amazed at what he has done from behind the arc. His dribble drive and pull up games are going to be so much more effective.

Great point..when you can stick the three, defenders have to come out on you to 21 feet...and that's green light time.

It really is amazing when you consider how bad he shot the ball as a freshman. He shot 26.5% from 3 as a freshman, but now shoots close to 40%.

It really is amazing when you consider how bad he shot the ball as a freshman. He shot 26.5% from 3 as a freshman, but now shoots close to 40%.

Horner was 27.7 as a frosh on 148 attempts! At least Marble had the decency to only shoot it 41 times as a frosh ;)

It's fun watching Marble's game evolve.

You know last year, when Matty Ice would rise up for a three ball, and you just knew he was going to drain it? I'm starting to get to that point with Roy Dev. I am starting to expect those shots to fall, and am surprised when they don't.

Just to be clear, there are many examples of guys shooting like Horner did as a freshman and then being much better after that. But, unless I miss my guess here, Jeff Horner had a stress fracture or some other foot problem during his entire freshman year.

Just stating that, for the record, as I think most everyone has forgotten that. Correct me if i am wrong.

The amazing thing is Marble, at least according to his age, should only be a sophomore. I believe he just turned 20 in September.

Great point..when you can stick the three, defenders have to come out on you to 21 feet...and that's green light time.

Loving Junior's game! After the NIT games he left me craving more. If he can keep up the pace, look out! I don't know if he can play himself to a lottery pick this year, but it will be close...next year I think he will definitely be a lottery pick, if he keeps improving. He could end up being better than his pops.

I am wanting him to dish it more on drives where another defender picks him up. Roy seems to think he can score it, even when he has someone is in his face. He can a lot of the time, but more often than not, there are open players that will make the shot at a greater percentage. He doesn't have to score it every time. And getting assists are just as sweet sometimes.

"Exponential"
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
From a strict statistical standpoint, Marble's growth is more linear than exponential. But from a subjective evaluation of Marble's value to the team, "exponential" is not too bad of a description.

For the 1st time in a long time I think Iowa has a chance to see someone make it in to the NBA. Not sure if it will be after this season but Marble has really developed into something special.

His jumper is super smooth and he just plays like someone comfortable with his own game.

From a strict statistical standpoint, Marble's growth is more linear than exponential. But from a subjective evaluation of Marble's value to the team, "exponential" is not too bad of a description.

Actually, not. Think about what Marble did last year subjectively and what he would have to do this year subjectively for it to at a minimum double his worth. He wasn't a slouch last year.

But more importantly that is a term with a precise meaning. It isn't open for subjective interpretation.

next year I think he will definitely be a lottery pick, if he keeps improving. He could end up being better than his pops.

He would not be a lottery pick (top 15 pick) in the 2013 NBA draft.

I highly doubt he would be drafted that high in the 2014 draft either. Remember there will be probably a freshman or two that will play in 2013 that will be a lottery pick in 2014. He is currently rated the 50th best draft prospect out of all Juniors by NBA draft express. It would be quite a leap for him to be a lottery pick. Kind of a crazy statement.

I think he will be very good at Iowa but a lottery pick, wow.

"Exponential"
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

CAAR, it means exactly what I think it means.

Relating to a mathematical expression containing one or more exponents. Something is said to increase or decrease exponentially if its rate of change must be expressed using exponents. A graph of such a rate would appear not as a straight line, but as a curve that continually becomes steeper or shallower.

Marble's growth curve from freshman to sophomore was a steep curve to the good...this year so far, he is exceeding my growth estimates, so the curve is steeper than I thought it was.

Thanks for trying

Actually, not. Think about what Marble did last year subjectively and what he would have to do this year subjectively for it to at a minimum double his worth. He wasn't a slouch last year.

But more importantly that is a term with a precise meaning. It isn't open for subjective interpretation.

Tell me, were you born with that stick up your ***?

Latest posts