Marble / Basabe

dmShortSaledude

Question, is Marble still having issues with the turf toe? I know the injury can be nagging if you come back too soon. His play is hurting the team, more than helping. His shooting percentage is horrendous of late. 4-22....ouch! Why Fran let him take that last shot in regulation against Purdue is bewildering, that should have gone to MG. Nobody else was playing worth a darn, other than maybe Basabe... If Marble needs to sit & recover. So be it. The facts are facts. Shooting 15% hurts this team, more than helps.

Next question, is it true Basabe is going to start?? If so, about &%$#ing time! His play has been good. His shooting better, having shot 20-30 in the last 5 games. Very nice to have the old Basabe back! It would be a nice move to have him in the game right off the bat. That would help get us going out of the gate. No more slow starts please.... Plus, I think Woody could benefit greatly coming off the bench. He would have a feel for the game, study his opponent in action and be eager to get in. It can't hurt to try him as a 6th man for once...
Fran has to make a move. Anybody have a better idea than starting Basabe...?

Lastly, everybody on this team should spend an extra hour a day shooting baskets! We have shot trackers now. The hour should increase by a significant amount everyday a player shoots worse than the day before. Sleep with the dang basketball if you have to!

Last edited:
It was an ankle that he hurt, which can take time to come back from, but he physically looked fine. The team is having issues making shots across the board, Marble isn't the only one. It's a funk that this team has to work out of, lets hope it's tonight.

It was an ankle that he hurt, which can take time to come back from, but he physically looked fine. The team is having issues making shots across the board, Marble isn't the only one. It's a funk that this team has to work out of, lets hope it's tonight.

Tonight would be a great start to draining some shots! We have the potential, it just isn't happening. It almost seems bizarre how there is always a lid on the basket...

He has/had turf toe. But I believe he came back 1 or 2 games early. They had some longer layoffs when he got hurt, he should of sat if still injured. It's better to be healthy long term and miss a couple game then try to play at 80% and hurt the team every game for the most part. Also, Aaron White needs to shoot more.

He has/had turf toe. But I believe he came back 1 or 2 games early. They had some longer layoffs when he got hurt, he should of sat if still injured. It's better to be healthy long term and miss a couple game then try to play at 80% and hurt the team every game for the most part. Also, Aaron White needs to shoot more.

Aaron White, I believe needs to shoot more 15-20 footers and drive and raise up jumpers.

Right now he is being defended as only a slasher to the basket.

Latest posts