Marble 1st team All-B1G, White 3rd team

Now, if Iowa, or any other college, or the NCAA really truly cared about the outdated notion of "student athlete"....we'd see a big ol story on who made all-league and all-american academic teams.

This also holds true for the FB season/players.

But alas, that sort of "minor story material" story ends up relegated to the 3rd or 4th page of most newspapers and only a glancing mention on ESPN.

No wonder since .....hmmm....wins >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> graduation rates.......

And that, folks, speaks volumes.

White should have at least have been second team.

I'm not sure I agree with this. I love Aaron, but he was just so inconsistent this year. Besides, you can't bump Farrell, Levert, Payne, Newbill or Dekkar (the media did, and they gave it to Craft, which is pathetically predictable.) White's not in the discussion for 2nd team, unfortunately. I personally think that Drew Crawford and Tim Frazier have more of a bone to pick than does White.

I'm not sure I agree with this. I love Aaron, but he was just so inconsistent this year. Besides, you can't bump Farrell, Levert, Payne, Newbill or Dekkar (the media did, and they gave it to Craft, which is pathetically predictable.) White's not in the discussion for 2nd team, unfortunately. I personally think that Drew Crawford and Tim Frazier have more of a bone to pick than does White.
Can't argue with that. I was almost a little surprised he was 3rd team. White is good, but he is very 1 dimensional on offense and if the Hawks aren't turning teams over and running we see him disappear a lot.

I agree with many that I question White on the third team based on his consistency. Not a shot at Mr. White, whatsoever. I have a feeling that White knows he could have done better and will use this as motivation. Would be nice to see another first teamer in the next few years.

If "our" first team went up against other conferences' first teams....sorry to say, but I think we'd be at a disadvantage this year.

White should have at least have been second team.
No, not even close.
If the same pre-season expectations were afforded to White as an individual player as it they are being afforded to the Hawks, then he'd be on the honorable mention squad (NIT).