Mangino. Leach. Meyer.

Per usual.........Thunderhawk and I are in complete agreement. :D Hawkeye fans need to kiss their lucky Hawkeye pendant regularly.

KF is hands down the best coach in College Football.

Wo there. KF is a great coach but "hands down" the best coach?

Urban Meyer and his 2 national titles would disagree.

Tressell, Kelly, Carroll, Brown, Stoops, Beamer, Peterson, Riley, Saban, Chizik (kidding), Zook (kidding again), Patterson, would all put up good arguments as well

Tressell, Kelly, Carroll, Brown, Stoops, Beamer, Peterson, Riley, Saban, Chizik (kidding), Zook (kidding again), Patterson, would all put up good arguments as well

+1

You probably cannot go wrong with listing any of them yet I could not be happier with the man we have in charge in Iowa City. Despite a few of the above maybe being a bit better overall, I would not trade Kirk for any of them. He is the perfect fit for the Hawkeyes and his character is something I would not trade in.

No one is saying that Kirk Ferentz is bad, he's just not the "hands down" best coach in college football. He's probably the best fit for Iowa, but Tressel has won like 50 Big Ten titles in a row, Carroll has gone to like 50 BCS games in a row (until this year), Meyer took Utah to the top...

You probably cannot go wrong with listing any of them yet I could not be happier with the man we have in charge in Iowa City. Despite a few of the above maybe being a bit better overall, I would not trade Kirk for any of them. He is the perfect fit for the Hawkeyes and his character is something I would not trade in.

You should be happy! You have a fantastic head coach. One of the best, no question about it.

As I said above, Thunder and I are always seeing eye to eye.

We agree that Hawkeye fans are the luckiest fans in America.

Because, we have the BEST COACH in America.

Debate is now closed.

As I said above, Thunder and I are always seeing eye to eye.

We agree that Hawkeye fans are the luckiest fans in America.

Because, we have the BEST COACH in America.

Debate is now closed.

No, we don't have the best coach in America. We have the BEST COACH FOR IOWA. Obvious troll is obvious. You can't argue against Carroll's streak of Pac 10 championships and BCS games or Meyer's tenure at Utah where he brought a no name to the top. Heck, Ferentz isn't the best coach in his conference: Jim Tressel has one more Big Ten titles than I can count on one hand in a row. Kirk Ferentz is a great coach and there could not be a better coach for Iowa, but two Orange Bowls and Outbacks and Alamos does not constitute the BEST COACH in America.

He's the best if you consider the recruiting barriers he faces. Urban Meyer, Mac Brown, etc....just get to pick and choose 4 and 5 star recruits.....KF, on the otherhand finishes in the top 25 pretty consistently with 2 and 3 star recruits. It's all relative.

He's the best if you consider the recruiting barriers he faces. Urban Meyer, Mac Brown, etc....just get to pick and choose 4 and 5 star recruits.....KF, on the otherhand finishes in the top 25 pretty consistently with 2 and 3 star recruits. It's all relative.

...Yeah...those coaches pick who they want because...they're the best coaches

It is all relative, and the fact remains I wouldn't trade him for anybody else, period. I love how he represents the school, and the state of Iowa, and I also appreciate that he WANTS to be here, as he has had every opportunity to leave. Name one other coach on that list that would have stayed here like Kirk did......

It is all relative, and the fact remains I wouldn't trade him for anybody else, period. I love how he represents the school, and the state of Iowa, and I also appreciate that he WANTS to be here, as he has had every opportunity to leave. Name one other coach on that list that would have stayed here like Kirk did......

You're right. There is NO coach.....Hayden Fry was the exception....Let's just hope when KF's time runs out, we'll get another great one for the next 15 yrs.

Uh, not necessarily. Those "coaches" lead the most storied programs in college football. Even when Weiss crapped all over ND, he still had great recruits coming in.

Florida hasn't historically been that much of a powerhouse. Notre Dame hasn't been good forever, so the kids don't remember seeing them play..

It's true because Trev Alberts said so in 2002.

Latest posts