Mangino hired

say what you want, but i'm guessing that is a good move, and if i was the OC, I'd be looking for a new place to coach next year, if play4brew is still around.

say what you want, but i'm guessing that is a good move, and if i was the OC, I'd be looking for a new place to coach next year, if play4brew is still around.

Hard to argue with that. Mangino is a heck of a coach. The question I have is did he just hire his replacement?

Hard to argue with that. Mangino is a heck of a coach. The question I have is did he just hire his replacement?

that is what i thought when i wrote that post. if play4brew is fired, yes, i would agree that mangino has one foot in the door. if play4brew isn't fired, Mangino has an OC job next year.

How can the NCAA allow such practices. It seems to me that you are opening up a can of worms.

If it is in fact legal I would submit it would make sense for Iowa to hire an additional position coach and then simply retain Norm Parker as a consultant.

Regardless, I just think that this is a gray area that the NCAA needs to look at since there is already rules limiting the number of staff a program can have.

iahawk72

The defense is terrible so Brewster hires an offensive consultant. Makes sense.

If you can't stop 'em, outscore 'em!

There must be a loophole in the rules that says offensive consultants don't count towards the coaching limit, but as offensive consultants go, Mangino has to be high on the list of top minds. He certainly knows offense.

How can the NCAA allow such practices. It seems to me that you are opening up a can of worms.

If it is in fact legal I would submit it would make sense for Iowa to hire an additional position coach and then simply retain Norm Parker as a consultant.

Regardless, I just think that this is a gray area that the NCAA needs to look at since there is already rules limiting the number of staff a program can have.

iahawk72

This is what I would like to know. Also, how many "consultants" is a team allowed?

Latest posts