Man Up Hawk Fans: Badgers won straight up

Show me another coach who gets paid what KF does that has his history of coaching errors in the clutch and I will acquiesce. The fact is there isn't another school, organization, or fanbase that accepts the mediocrity that this one does.

Ahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahah

I don't want to hear the phrase "Iowa beat themselves" this week.

The Badgers won the game straight up. They played well enough in ALL FACETS of the game in order to pull out the victory.

Iowa DID NOT play well enough in ALL FACETS of the game.

Wisconsin deserves massive props for executing in the clutch and pulling out the victory.

I absolutely hate it that Iowa lost ... and it stings even more because it was a loss to Wisky ... however, the truth must be recognized.

Congrats to Wisconsin fans. Definitely a sweet victory for them.
Yes, they won because our $4,000,000 staff was gravely outcoached by a pointed-head, neanderthal, walk-on turn coat who barely makes a $1,000,000 per........

Les Miles- he just gets luckier. Second Ferentz is worth every dime. Iowa football pays the freight for every other sports program because of sustained success. Ferentz has earned every dime and does more good with his money than you can imagine. Find a new angle disgruntled fans.

I agree that Ferentz had earned every dime. BUT, when he makes a terrible coaching decision and then refuses to admit it was a bad call, we should be able to complain.

The Badgers are a better team than Iowa(hold on while I puke).

They ran it & threw it when they had to. In fact they only 2 times in the second half when they didn't score is when they stopped themselves with an INT & bad snap.

Iowa had Wisconsin's defense on their heels but Iowa simply couldn't stop the Badgers when it mattered.

I don't think we are taking anything away from Wisconsin, when we say Iowa beat themselves today. They played great and coached great (vomit) We still beat ourselves.

Our offense/special teams may have left 4 points on the field, but in tonight's game, its more important to acknowledge how few points our defense prevented. Wisconsin scored almost at will, and even as good as our offense played tonight, giving up 31 in the BigTen is not going to allow your team to be successful very often.

We'll rebound. We'll move forward. Its not the end of the season. Lots of football left, and a chance to even up things in the BigTen next week by taking down Sparty.

I haven't disagreed with you often this season Homer but we left 4 points on the field. They didn't take them from us. Our mistakes led to a Wisconsin win. We were outcoached in this game. I fell dirty typing that.

spud -

Yeah, I know that. Heck, we left more points off the board than that (remember the 3rd and 1 where we then proceeded to have a false-start penalty). However, Wisconsin still managed to play that game against us with many of their key players off the field. We shouldn't forget that. Also, despite uncharacteristic penalties by Wisky in the first half ... they played cleaner ball in the 2nd half ... and that helped propel them to victory.

Iowa had a pretty good gameplan. And, overall, I'm pretty darn proud about how Iowa fought. However, in the end, Wisky still won. It ain't easy for a smash-mouth football team to come into Kinnick and win ... and that's just what Wisky did.

It was a good game that could have went either way, but I don't necessarily feel Wisconsin earned it. Once again special teams blunders cost us (missed X point, missed FG oppoortunity, offsides on a kick off) as well as uncharacteristic penalties and a few coaching miscues. Those are things that Wisconsin didn't have a hand in at all, they were all on us. Division 1 kickers should be able to make extra points in their sleep, but you have to get it more than 7 feet off of the ground. Typically snaps and holds are not a problem for us, today it was, and being offsides on a kick off is a lack of focus. It shouldn't happen. That cost us big time because the original coverage was good. Defensively the guys played well, offensively the guys played well, but in the end we just didn't seal the deal.

I'll agree that Iowa's game management left something to be desired at the end of the game. Certainly the ball should have been spiked rather than having the TO called. However, the very fact that the game was so close at the end of the game is every bit as much of a tribute to how Wisky had played the game than it was Iowa hurting themselves.

Okay ... here's another perspective. If our squad doesn't accept that they legitimately got beat ... then they're not going to mature and take responsibility for what they did wrong.

QUESTION TO EVERYONE: Did you say T.O. with the first down sneak, or did you say spike it? Enough said....

I'll agree that Iowa's game management left something to be desired at the end of the game. Certainly the ball should have been spiked rather than having the TO called. However, the very fact that the game was so close at the end of the game is every bit as much of a tribute to how Wisky had played the game than it was Iowa hurting themselves.

Absolutely. I agree 100%.

And Wisconsin messed up too. Bad INT & bad snap. That was the only thing that stopped their offense in the 2nd half.

But they recovered, stopped Iowa cold after the INT and pulled off a great fake punt. Iowa had a better QB & WR today but aside from that, Wisconsin was better across the board on the field & sidelines. Credit to them. Aggressive, didn't panic and made plays when they had to.

QUESTION TO EVERYONE: Did you say T.O. with the first down sneak, or did you say spike it? Enough said....

Keep living in the past. Maybe you can rally enough people to side with your "cup-half-empty" philosophy. Step back from the ledge my friend.

I just hope that our players don't make excuses. I hope that they take their lumps ... but I also hope that they move forward and learn from their mistakes too.

For that matter, I hope that the coaches learn from their mistakes too.

However, all that said, I do appreciate how hard the guys fought. I also think that in so many respects our execution was actually pretty good. It's just when the margin of error is so small ... all the little things can come back and haunt you.

Keep living in the past. Maybe you can rally enough people to side with your "cup-half-empty" philosophy. Step back from the ledge my friend.

So we cant discuss the game now because it was in the past. Man youre a ****** bag

If we had good special teams, we win this game.. Wisconsin earned the W, but we definitely shot ourselves in the foot in some facets of the game. That's undeniable.

If the bear wouldn't have stopped to **** in the woods, he would have caught the rabbit... Get real man..

Let the meltdown begin!

Latest posts