Major props for O'Keefe

okeefe4prez

Don't know if any of you fellas watched the Chiefs-Stillers game last night, but Chiefs' QB Tyler Palko is pretty awful and despite his terribleness, we never saw Stanzi even considering warming up. So O'Keefe led an offense for a team that had perhaps Iowa's most successful season in decades (according to those who are rationalizing an Orange Bowl win as something special - which I think makes them sound like Kansas fans but more desperate) with a QB who is WORSE than Tyler Palko. That alone should win O'Keefe a trophy.

Don't forget the fact that he's also behind a QB that's not good enough to play for the Bears OR ahead of Tebow. Is/was it KOK at the helm, or Criss Angel?

Look Pal, this year wins were hard to come by. The big ten had soo much talent that it wasnt even funny. KF and KOK were able to grab 7 wins with a brutal schedule.

We as fans have to realize that Ricky Stanzis dont come along every year. Some programs like the Chiefs just dont have the knowledge of the Kirkken.

If the Chiefs were to sign Kirk to a 30 million dollar deal and he was to bring Ken along, you would see a superbowl win for the Chefs. Not a doubt in my mind.

If the Chiefs were to sign Kirk to a 30 million dollar deal and he was to bring Ken along, you would see a superbowl win for the Chefs. Not a doubt in my mind.

It would be tough because the NFL rewards poor performance with high draft picks, the Chiefs cupboard is pretty bare right now (other than Wiegman, Stanzi, Moeaki, Danan Hughes and Jonathan Hayes) and Ferentz would continually have that team deep in the playoffs which would hurt their chances to rebuild.

Look Pal, this year wins were hard to come by. The big ten had soo much talent that it wasnt even funny. KF and KOK were able to grab 7 wins with a brutal schedule.

We as fans have to realize that Ricky Stanzis dont come along every year. Some programs like the Chiefs just dont have the knowledge of the Kirkken.

Very nice, outoftown. I loved the post.

It would be tough because the NFL rewards poor performance with high draft picks, the Chiefs cupboard is pretty bare right now (other than Wiegman, Stanzi, Moeaki, Danan Hughes and Jonathan Hayes) and Ferentz would continually have that team deep in the playoffs which would hurt their chances to rebuild.

I'm sure KOK would finally put Podolak's skills to use. Been wasted since that playoff game when he did it all on his own. Jon Alt still plowing holes for him, though. Just need more creativity.

Thats the beauty of it.

You take KOK along for this reason. KOK is able to setup "possum seasons" in which the team looks very poor. This over a couple of years puts the Kirkken in position for an above average season. Winning back the fans is just like make up sex.

Last edited:
Don't know if any of you fellas watched the Chiefs-Stillers game last night, but Chiefs' QB Tyler Palko is pretty awful and despite his terribleness, we never saw Stanzi even considering warming up. So O'Keefe led an offense for a team that had perhaps Iowa's most successful season in decades (according to those who are rationalizing an Orange Bowl win as something special - which I think makes them sound like Kansas fans but more desperate) with a QB who is WORSE than Tyler Palko. That alone should win O'Keefe a trophy.

A lot of holes in your logic.

There are 32 NFL teams and each team carries at least 2 QBs which means there are 64 QBs that are earning an NFL paycheck and Stanzi is one of them.

You guys are missing another point of the brilliance that is KOK, which occurred to me as I read the film report on JVB.

One of the the things that KOK does that would make him a huge asset in the NFL is that he doesn't have a "play book." Rather, his approach is to have a "Play page" so everyone knows the plays (including opposing defenses). While all of the other coaches are busy teaching different looks and plays to confuse defenses, KOK gets our guys to be fundamentally sound on 4 plays. So when we have offenses that are fully staffed with at least 5 NFL players, we can be guaranteed at lease one win per NFL player. That alone is worth the $300,000 plus we pay the genius that is KOK.

First order of business would be to trade a draft pick to Minnesota for Benny Sapp.

Latest posts