Maishe

I love watching smooth lefties shoot. He certainly has a pretty smooth shot. Now if we could put about 15 more lbs on him and get him more PT and open looks.

It will never happen, but this is my dream rotation next year. (Baer splitting time 3/4):

JBo 30 / Cmac 10
Moss 25 / Dailey 15
Weiskamp 20 / Baer 10 / Dailey 10
Cook 10 / Nunge 20 / Baer 10
Garza 24 / Cook 16

Again no Kriener or Pem, who I like as players but just aren’t needed with Cook, Garza, and Nunge in front of them. If foul trouble issues arise they are good options. That team would be a tough with their offensive firepower and I think would be much improved defensively.
I think Cmac will get some time at the 2 as well. Will Weiskamp be a 3 exclusively? Roster wise it kinda looks that way but depending on how Moss does he may see mins at the 2 as well. For the teams sake I really hope Moss steps up. If he can play 25 solid mins a game that'd be awesome. But if he's the yo-yo he's always been so far expect more mixing and matching....

It's going to be interesting to see what Fran does with JBo. Does he play him exclusively at PG and just give Connor 10 or so minutes in the back up role or does he give Connor more minutes at the PG and try JBo at the 2? I think that would be the biggest threat to Maishe's playing time.

If that doesn't happen, I think Dailey will play all the back up minutes for the 2. Moss averaged 24 minutes a game. That would leave Dailey with 16. Hopefully either Moss takes his game to a next level or if not I'm comfortable with playing Dailey more as well and seeing a 20/20 type split or ride the hotter hand on a given night.
Yeah I would expect some serious mixing and matching early on... I agree any of those things could happen. I think Moss and Weiskamp are as much of X factors too. Moss having been so inconsistent and we can't be sure what to expect of Weiskamps game yet. He feels like a 3 to me but I haven't seen him play a second of D1 ball yet.
No matter how we slice it I hope JBo can play 30 mins a game tops for an avg. When he's over 33 plus it just feels like he gets worn down. 30ish seems about right for him. Between Cmac and Dailey that should help him be able to do that. I think the 2 is Daileys best spot but as you mentioned if Moss is playing well (which I hope happens he can be damn good when he's on) and if they want to put Cmac and JBo out there at the same time Dailey would most likely be the 3 if he's on the floor with them at all playing small ball..

Yeah I would expect some serious mixing and matching early on... I agree any of those things could happen. I think Moss and Weiskamp are as much of X factors too. Moss having been so inconsistent and we can't be sure what to expect of Weiskamps game yet. He feels like a 3 to me but I haven't seen him play a second of D1 ball yet.
No matter how we slice it I hope JBo can play 30 mins a game tops for an avg. When he's over 33 plus it just feels like he gets worn down. 30ish seems about right for him. Between Cmac and Dailey that should help him be able to do that. I think the 2 is Daileys best spot but as you mentioned if Moss is playing well (which I hope happens he can be damn good when he's on) and if they want to put Cmac and JBo out there at the same time Dailey would most likely be the 3 if he's on the floor with them at all playing small ball..

MD will be a swiss army knife kind of guy to get his minutes. I think he'll get minutes at 1, 2 and 3. Remember, MD is about 6'7", or close to it. So, he is about the same size as Baer. I think he gets less minutes at the 2 than 1 & 3, if JBo plays the 2. but if we don't land any kind of a pg before the season starts, and it's looking like we won't, then JBO is pg with CM. I'd say you split those minutes down the middle, so 20 each. that would leave JBo 10 minutes at the 2. by B1G i would like to see CM take over the pg and move JBo to the 2. again, in my opinion, each time JBo passes the ball it's a missed shot opportunity for a kid who could likely be the best shooter in the B1G this season.

He was a fall back recruit and a bit of a project, we all know this. We have to figure out where his ceiling is. He seems to be working hard and making progress, but I have no clue what to expect from him moving forward. What we saw this season could very well be as good as it gets.

MD will be a swiss army knife kind of guy to get his minutes. I think he'll get minutes at 1, 2 and 3. Remember, MD is about 6'7", or close to it. So, he is about the same size as Baer. I think he gets less minutes at the 2 than 1 & 3, if JBo plays the 2. but if we don't land any kind of a pg before the season starts, and it's looking like we won't, then JBO is pg with CM. I'd say you split those minutes down the middle, so 20 each. that would leave JBo 10 minutes at the 2. by B1G i would like to see CM take over the pg and move JBo to the 2. again, in my opinion, each time JBo passes the ball it's a missed shot opportunity for a kid who could likely be the best shooter in the B1G this season.
Yeah the types of shots JBo can get playing off the ball would most likely be good looks. Running him off screens like Reggie Miller so he can get open catch and shoot chances would certainly be good for us. The more of that the better. But he's also our best PG which is a pretty important position. Until CM shows he can take the load of playing a lot we'll just have to see.

Not to sound overly pessimistic, but I couldn't care less about preparation videos, statements, rumors, tweets, etc., etc.

Show me on the court that you're a better player, and/or that we are a better team. Everything else is just worthless fluff.

What was it that one of our FB assistant coaches stated (I think it was Copeland)? "It's not about how good you are, it's about how you perform." That should be required wall material in all of the Iowa sports complex rooms.

Not to sound overly pessimistic, but I couldn't care less about preparation videos, statements, rumors, tweets, etc., etc.

Show me on the court that you're a better player, and/or that we are a better team. Everything else is just worthless fluff.

What was it that one of our FB assistant coaches stated (I think it was Copeland)? "It's not about how good you are, it's about how you perform." That should be required wall material in all of the Iowa sports complex rooms.
For sure. So during the off season we fan boys have all this time to run through all the what ifs. I agree they all can look like Tarzan during practice all they want. But till they put it all together and get positive team results....

Iowa in their 1980's glory years had a Dailey built type of player named Bill Jones. Jones was a true Swiss army knife player. 6'7" with long arms, he was a trapping small forward on Raveling's best team. He backed BJ at the point in 1987 (actually losing much of his role to Michael Reaves by tournament time). He played shooting guard his senior year, despite the fact that he had a funny looking shot, then ended up filling in for Al Lorenzen at power forward after Lorenzen's back issues short circuited his senior season. He could rebound and wasn't afraid to mix it up. He would defend anyone from Ricky Calloway to Glen Rice and defend them well. He was the winning type player, unsung compared to his more famous teammates, that quality teams always had.

While we all agree to a certain degree based on our expectations and such, but to take a hard line... Why come on the sites in the off seasons? Because that's about all you're going to get short of recruiting news, redundant philosophical discussions and transfers - maybe some injury/discipline stuff.

Iowa in their 1980's glory years had a Dailey built type of player named Bill Jones. Jones was a true Swiss army knife player. 6'7" with long arms, he was a trapping small forward on Raveling's best team. He backed BJ at the point in 1987 (actually losing much of his role to Michael Reaves by tournament time). He played shooting guard his senior year, despite the fact that he had a funny looking shot, then ended up filling in for Al Lorenzen at power forward after Lorenzen's back issues short circuited his senior season. He could rebound and wasn't afraid to mix it up. He would defend anyone from Ricky Calloway to Glen Rice and defend them well. He was the winning type player, unsung compared to his more famous teammates, that quality teams always had.
I remember Bill Jones well. The body types are similar, though I think Bill's skill set was more in line with a 3, whereas Dailey is more of a 2 with some PG ability. Bill was easily the better defender of the two, especially against forwards, whereas Dailey has the better outside shot. They also seem to have very similar personalities.

While we all agree to a certain degree based on our expectations and such, but to take a hard line... Why come on the sites in the off seasons? Because that's about all you're going to get short of recruiting news, redundant philosophical discussions and transfers - maybe some injury/discipline stuff.
I get what you are saying. Some of my reaction is bitterness coming off that dump of a season. I just get tired of the talk/videos/tweets, etc., coming from players and coaches that barely escaped last place. Show us results on the court where it matters.