Madison Tailgate

To qualify my previous statement, I've had beer bottles thrown at me over the years, and yes, Badgers fans are the worst on the planet.

In that particular game, I had some ahole turning around and sneering at me while Becky was ahead. The enjoyable part was the 4th quarter and the victory!

Its funny you say that as I have had two different groups from different years tell me they had beer bottle thrown at them.

Good Stuff: student section is fun to watch (from a distance); band is A 1 +;

Bad Stuff: no tailgating, unless you are into bars or corporate tents; parking is impossible; fans are very rude; seats for visitors in the stadium are the worst in the Big Ten, with the possible exception of MSU; if you are near badger fans in the stadium, don't root too loudly for your team, especially if you are winning.
We have been verbally abused and came close to a physical attack.

Background: I have lived in Wisconsin since 1981; I have been to numerous games in Camp Randall, all of them Iowa vs Wisconsin. I am very familiar with Madison and the Camp Randall area. I am a diehard Iowa fan.

Opinion: Madison and the Camp Randall stadium is the most over rated venue I have ever experienced. Take the band away, and the place sucks.

End of Rant.

Latest posts