Madison advice please....

hawk4life73

Gonna head up Saturday for hopefully another epic Hawkeye game. I've never been to a game there before so looking for a little advice. There will be 3 of us - should we have ticket in hand before departing or will scalping be the smart choice? From what i understand, most of the tailgating scene takes place in bars near the stadium. If this is accurate i assume we travel light....can anyone confirm or deny? Lastly, assuming we are tailgating in nearby bars, what's a good place to ditch the car?

Thanks in advance. Go Hawks!

Are you spending the night? I live in Verona just outside Madison and I usually Uber down. There isn’t much public parking down there. There’s a lot of bars around CR. Jordan’s Big 10, Luckys and the Sconnie bar are all pretty popular and have outdoor beer gardens.

Hell you could park at the Home Depot along 151 when coming in and order an Uber from there and not worry about parking down there. It’s a 10 minute ride

I will be there too. I've gone to the last 3 or 4 Iowa games in Madison.

There is no real tailgating scene. There are some lots but they're nearly impossible to get into. You just go to the bars for the most part. Every bar is grilling burgers and brats so it kinda feels like a tailgate anyway.

Regent street is right next to Camp Randall and has a ton of bars, otherwise you can walk over to State Street. I'd recommend doing both if you have the time.

Parking - We always park WEST of the stadium. Its just a giant residential neighborhood. There aren't really many parking ramps or anything. Its completely free to park in the street and there's no time limit or anything. You just have to remember where you parked and walk. EAST of the stadium is downtown Madison...I would avoid parking downtown.

Tickets - I always have mine in hand before heading to Madison, so I'm not sure on scalpers or anything.

Stadium - The first time I experience "Jump Around" I thought the stadium was going to fall apart. Seriously the whole thing rocks up and down. Its quite the experience. I always troll the Badger fans by reminding them the song Jump Around has a line about beating women. They usually laugh

Latest posts