Mack Brown stepping down at Texas.

I have to assume TX already has their next HC lined up. I wonder how many bedrooms the new Saban house will have?

If Chip Brown is reporting that Mack is stepping down, it pretty much verifies that Mack will be back in Austin for year 17 in the fall. Chip is wrong--or at least too quick to report on fluid situation--on a fairly consistent basis.

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1585894

I doubt it's Saban. He's probably getting yet another raise from the speculation of it. But, he's in a perfect situation and I think at his age he's not starting over. My guess is they try to get one of the Harbaugh brothers, or another knock-your-socks-off hire. UT fans won't be happy with just another good coach.

If Chip Brown is reporting that Mack is stepping down, it pretty much verifies that Mack will be back in Austin for year 17 in the fall. Chip is wrong--or at least too quick to report on fluid situation--on a fairly consistent basis.

That's a big limb to go on if you write for a UT site and are wrong. Huge credibility hit.

Possibly, mea culpa for posting it. But, he may not be aware that he is "stepping down"(aka. euphemism). The UT Regents make that call and they have a meeting this week.

Zack Miller@miller_zack 5m (1/2) Chip Brown reported in mid-Sep that DeLoss Dodds would step down as UT’s AD; UT/Dodds denied report but 2 wks later, he stepped down

if Brown is back at Texas the AD is cra cra. You never know who they'll go with. USC definitely didn't land a splash hire. Recruiting is the easy part at UT, they need to find someone who can use the already full cupboards of 5 star players they have. any system will be successful if they just pick one system and stick with it. they need a CEO type of coach who will be able to keep an eye on it all and just manage it. that is where Mack started to fail the last few years.

if Brown is back at Texas the AD is cra cra. You never know who they'll go with. USC definitely didn't land a splash hire. Recruiting is the easy part at UT, they need to find someone who can use the already full cupboards of 5 star players they have. any system will be successful if they just pick one system and stick with it. they need a CEO type of coach who will be able to keep an eye on it all and just manage it. that is where Mack started to fail the last few years.

Right, I'd think they'd want to stick with a pro-style set because there's so much elite talent that fit's that and for whatever reasons there haven't been a number of elite defenses that practice with spread offenses. I suspect most teams are headed to some spread/pro style mix like FSU's. I think Stanford's David Shaw would be a good hire. Great physical style that would would work even better with Texas' talent base.

Possibly, mea culpa for posting it. But, he may not be aware that he is "stepping down"(aka. euphemism). The UT Regents make that call and they have a meeting this week.
There wasn't a problem with you posting it. My commentary was on journalism in general. This report may even end up being true. Who knows?

Latest posts