Lynette Woodard Says Caitlin Clark Didn't Break Her Record

M1911A1Hawkeye

I recall Iowa invited her to the game in which Clark did break it and she was given a standing ovation by all Hawkeye fans that day. Just sad.

ssgLKDw.jpg

There you have the problem with records. Whatever she thinks she did not attract fans to the women's game like CC did. Now she can point out the differences between then and now.

Again. In the end? What does the record actually mean? It's certainly a quantifiable.

She drew more attention AFTER the record was long gone. And the attention continued to grow.

There is an unqualifiable element in her play at play. And that's why we watched. And millions of others joined us.

Hell. It's the long ball. She snared us with the long ball. She kept us with the unreal passes. And cemented our appreciation with her grace in handling the madness that has surrounded her, with zero missteps.

No matter how hard anyone tries to take it or any of it away, they won't be able to. They're just screaming into the wind. The numbers of viewers just don't lie.

Woodard never won an AIAW championship.
Never even made it to the top 16.

She was undefeated against the Washington Generals though. 88-0 record. I'd call that dominant.

All I know, whenever somebody asks who scored the most career points in NCAA Division I basketball history, the answer is Caitlin Clark. Clark had more points than Kelsey Plum, more than Lynette Woodard and more than Pete Maravich. More than anybody who has played for a NCAA division I program.

Our admiration of CC will follow her into the WNBA. Hopefully she will come back to Iowa and help us with recruiting and whatever else she wants to do. We all have flaws and we almost all continue to grow and get better. So will she.

Saw that she's since back tracked that with a tweet already too... Is that like some paid speaking engagement thing she said that at? Feels like she may have been. If so she may have got caught up in just telling the audience what she thought they wanted to hear kinda thing not realizing how that'd sound if it got out... Maybe I'm dead wrong I dunno. But it's too bad.

Man...

People care about some really, really stupid things.

The best thing I ever did for my mental health and overall outlook in life is to stop giving a shit what people think.

Try this once...stop listening to what Angel Reese and Kim Mulkey and Dawn Staley and Geno Auriemma say and stop being mad about it. None of that affects your life. At all. If you like CC and think she broke the record keep liking CC and thinking she broke the record, and let people sound off about CC not breaking the record. You'll be happier.

Man...

The best thing I ever did for my mental health and overall outlook in life is to stop giving a shit what people think.

Try this once...stop listening to what Angel Reese and Kim Mulkey and Dawn Staley and Geno Auriemma say and stop being mad about it. None of that affects your life. At all. If you like CC and think she broke the record keep liking CC and thinking she broke the record, and let people sound off about CC not breaking the record. You'll be happier.

Getting upset about that stuff is like sticking joy leeches all over your body, just draining your ability to enjoy and appreciate any positive thing by getting outraged about others who want to tear it down. Righteous anger is incredibly addicting, but you don't have to give in. Go for a walk, the weather is getting nice again.

Man...

Kind of like the game yesterday. It was our last shot. It sucked that we lost. Really sucked. But you look at the bench and see Ava Jones. Kind of puts it all into perspective.

Kind of like the game yesterday. It was our last shot. It sucked that we lost. Really sucked. But you look at the bench and see Ava Jones. Kind of puts it all into perspective.
This right here ^^^^

My old man had had two strokes by the time he was my age, second one was same age as me right now. Went to bed when he was 57 and never woke up. I only have to live 13 more years to outlive him and I haven't even come close to doing what I want in life.

There's so many more things to spend your time thinking about other than what some has-been basketball player I've never heard of says at some convention I didn't know existed full of people I've never met whose opinions I couldn't possibly give a shit less about.

Some of you people need to put your phones down and walk away from the TV once a month. Jesus christ.

Getting upset about that stuff is like sticking joy leeches all over your body, just draining your ability to enjoy and appreciate any positive thing by getting outraged about others who want to tear it down. Righteous anger is incredibly addicting, but you don't have to give in. Go for a walk, the weather is getting nice again.
Some people aren't happy unless they're mad about other people doing things that don't affect them.

Man...

Already done.

Man...

This.

I don't care so so much about what people say. You rise in this world, and people are gonna do what they can to put you down. Comes with the territory.

But, I do like pointing out that a crapton of women....worked really hard to prevent people from appreciating a young woman in whatever manner they chose and were regularly informed that they shouldn't. To a point it looked like they were looking real hard for reasons we shouldn't appreciate her. Or refused to limit their bias in favor of their former team/conference/etc. Which, I can understand, but not in the context of being part of the media. Kind of like how George Stephanopoulus has to sidestep his bias to be taken seriously as part of the media. I've seen a lot of textbook gaslighting and gatekeeping of women. By women.

I suggest, maybe it's time that we admit that toxic 'masculinity' is absolutely not the ONLY thing "suppressing" women. Women are pretty effing good at suppressing their own.

Course, I recognize in saying this, I run the risk of being cancelled.