Lynch plans to visit Iowa

He said, she said. Who said what?!

“I know for sure I’m going to take an official to Iowa and FSU.” - Aaron Lynch

"No, he's not," Alice Lynch said via telephone.

I'm not saying it is this way, but doesn't it look like Mommy wants him to go to Notre Dame and pretty much telling him "this is what you are doing, son" ??

Speaking from my own personal opinion, if my Mommy were to pull something like this on me, I'd go to Iowa :) Get as far away from Mommy as I could.

My guess is he takes those visits. If. Mr, Lynch wants to go to the NFL, Iowa is the place to be. If he wants his talent wasted, go to ND. How badly they screw up top recruiting classes should be a crime.

Sounds like a bad case of mommy baggage. Last time we had a player with parental baggage it didn't quite work out for us...

Sounds like a bad case of mommy baggage. Last time we had a player with parental baggage it didn't quite work out for us...

Assuming you're referencing Christensen, that case was slightly different. Jake seemed to have a similar attitude as his dad, and that led to trouble. But this kid doesn't sound like he's completely buying into what his mom wants. I'd be more worried if I were a Notre Dame fan, because that may not be where he really wants to go.

Also, fufred said that Lynch spread his grandfather's ashes on the field at Notre Dame. I'm curious, and would be willing to bet that it was his mother's father.

Last edited:
My guess is he takes those visits. If. Mr, Lynch wants to go to the NFL, Iowa is the place to be. If he wants his talent wasted, go to ND. How badly they screw up top recruiting classes should be a crime.

Well a lot of ND's recruiting classes aren't as good as they seem. A lot of recruiting sites tend to bump up the rating of players who get an offer from ND so a lot of their players come in with artificially high rankings.

still surprised that we haven't used CJ more. maybe herman has been beating him out in practice, or maybe he hasn't gotten the knack for blocking yet.

Well a lot of ND's recruiting classes aren't as good as they seem. A lot of recruiting sites tend to bump up the rating of players who get an offer from ND so a lot of their players come in with artificially high rankings.
Mike23 is correct

Per LaRue Cook on ESPN- The four-star DE standout from Cape Coral, Fla., has reportedly eliminated the Irish altogether.

Looks like Mommy doesn't always know best. It sounds like he's been having serious 2nd thoughts for quite some time now, it was just his mom wanting him to go to ND.

that... and-

Lynch's HS said "I think he wants to stay closer to his friends down here."

Lynch echoed that sentiment saying "I just really want to stay in Florida,"

Espn Recruiting page doesn't have Iowa on Aaron's list of schools he's considering.
When is his visit then?

Latest posts