Lundardi's latest bracket

mopkins

King Kong
Though Lunardi's latest was pretty funny. Iowa, ISU and UNI all in the West. While it would be an extreme longshot, can you imagine if Iowa faced UNI and the winner of that game faced ISU? The state of Iowa might implode

cODGVUl.png

Also Iowa States season is going up in flames as we speak. At this point they're probably a 5 seed

edit: impressive comeback by the transfers.

Last edited:
Also Iowa States season is going up in flames as we speak. At this point they're probably a 5 seed

I would RELISH the Hawkeyes getting another shot at UNI, or
lil brother. I believe we lead both at half of first meetings.

However, Hawkeyes have a lot of games to play before worrying about
that. GO HAWKS

edit: impressive comeback by the transfers.

It wasn't as impressive a comeback as it was a complete meltdown by Oklahoma. They got even better shots than they saw in the first half but couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat. Their big guy even missed two uncontested point-blank layups. I don't know what their FG% was in the second half but it was pathetic. Yeah, ISU came back but it was mostly on OK's bad play.

It wasn't as impressive a comeback as it was a complete meltdown by Oklahoma. They got even better shots than they saw in the first half but couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat. Their big guy even missed two uncontested point-blank layups. I don't know what their FG% was in the second half but it was pathetic. Yeah, ISU came back but it was mostly on OK's bad play.

It really IS magical I guess. It felt like one rim was smaller than the other rim.

I would RELISH the Hawkeyes getting another shot at UNI, or
lil brother. I believe we lead both at half of first meetings.

However, Hawkeyes have a lot of games to play before worrying about
that. GO HAWKS

Pahhhhhleeeeze....I wonder if you could score 45 on us the second time? It would be awesome if we got iowa in the tournament.

Pretty sure Iowa wouldn't have the bigs in foul trouble again like the 1st time vs UNI. Uthoff, Woody, Gabe & White aren'the going to be held in check again by UNI like that again. Would be a totally different game this go-round, especially w/ Jok and Oglesby feeling confident.

I think Iowa is UNI's biggest win this season so congrats on that. You caught the Hawkeyes during their worst half of the season. It happens to everyone

I think we really can have a shot at a 6 seed with a win Saturday and a win or two in the B10 tournament. We're 36th in the RPI but much higher in KenPom and Sagarin and have a great SOS.

I think we really can have a shot at a 6 seed with a win Saturday and a win or two in the B10 tournament. We're 36th in the RPI but much higher in KenPom and Sagarin and have a great SOS.

Yeah I keep looking at Lunardi's bracket and just shaking my head. Going into tonight he had Iowa as an 8 seed. Id like to think the selection committee is a lot smarter than that. Wins @UNC, @OSU, @Indiana, Maryland, Illinois, Ohio State again. That's 6 wins against probable tournament teams. High and mighty UNI has beaten what...3 NCAA tournament teams IF S.F. Austin actually wins their tournament? Somehow that's a 4 seed?

Jerry Palm has Iowa as a 7 seed currently. A win against NW and then a decent showing in the BTT could get Iowa a 6 seed. Win it all by beating Maryland, Wisconsin and MSU/Purdue? You'd probably be looking at a 5 seed I'd like to think.

It's been a fun ride

Yeah I keep looking at Lunardi's bracket and just shaking my head. Going into tonight he had Iowa as an 8 seed. Id like to think the selection committee is a lot smarter than that. Wins @UNC, @OSU, @Indiana, Maryland, Illinois, Ohio State again. That's 6 wins against probable tournament teams. High and mighty UNI has beaten what...3 NCAA tournament teams IF S.F. Austin actually wins their tournament? Somehow that's a 4 seed?

Jerry Palm has Iowa as a 7 seed currently. A win against NW and then a decent showing in the BTT could get Iowa a 6 seed. Win it all by beating Maryland, Wisconsin and MSU/Purdue? You'd probably be looking at a 5 seed I'd like to think.

It's been a fun ride

RPI forecast has us finishing with an RPI of 22 if we were to win the B10 tournament after the double bye. Would definitely be in the 5 seed range.

Latest posts