Lunch in Iowa City area before the game - help needed!

I would recomend Blackstone or Reds in North Liberty. Both not downtown but that might be a good thing this weekend. Everywhere you go will be crazy busy.

Do yourself a favor and head to Quinton's for the 1/2 sandwhich, soup bread bowl, and chips. This is one of my all time favorite places in Iowa City. There is once over in Coralville if you won't want to get into downtown.

Go to the Bread Garden. Your wife will love it, and though it's downtown, it won't be busy with pregame drunks or anything like that.

Do yourself a favor and head to Quinton's for the 1/2 sandwhich, soup bread bowl, and chips. This is one of my all time favorite places in Iowa City. There is once over in Coralville if you won't want to get into downtown.

Absolutely agree..Their buffalo chicken sandwich is out of this world. They also have great cheese balls.

Popcorn followed by a Conglomeration @ Micky's FTW.
And beer.

Its been too long since I made the venture to Iowa City for a game, but have the luxury of taking my wife to the ISU game.

Being that she is 6 months pregnant, a lot of walking around Melrose is not in the gameplan. Any ideas for good places to grab lunch downtown?

Thanks for any help!:)

6 months along? She should be fine...unless you're having twins or something. I'd just get there early and find a parking spot near Melrose and the stadium. Eat lunch at any of the vendors on Melrose. Meat on a stick, hamburgers, etc. Then you can just sit around the stadium and yuck it up with fans and take it all in. It might be a while before you're back!

I agree with shorts burgers and shine as well. it's small, though, so you might want to get there before lunch hour.

Absolutely agree..Their buffalo chicken sandwich is out of this world. They also have great cheese balls.

Thank god they didn't have a fryer when I was running the kitchen there back in the day. I've heard the place has gone downhill over the last several years, haven't been in forever so I don't know if that's really true or not.

images

Latest posts