Tennessee

17-11 (9-7)
KenPom: 63
RPI: 56
BPI: 62
Top 50 Wins: Wichita State, Florida
150+ Losses: none

Last edited:
I honestly believe if we win 3 in a row starting tonight we have a decent/legit chance of making it in....might be play in game (depending on matchups/etc.) but I'll take it over NIT.

That's why we have a shot!

I think if we got in as a 13 seed the 4 seed would be mad! We're scary if we don't have to play on someone's home floor.

That's why we have a shot!

I think if we got in as a 13 seed the 4 seed would be mad! We're scary if we don't have to play on someone's home floor.

I doubt that a Big Ten team would go in as a 13 seed. If Iowa sneaks in, it'll be as a 10 or maybe 11 seed at the highest.

I can't recall a ton of Big Ten teams seeded 13 or worse.

Man the bubble is so beautiful this year.

It looks to me that Villanova is the only resume beats out Iowa. All the other are toss-ups, albiet the one in which the Hawks beat Iowa State.
Toss ups?? Our RPI is 30-40 pts below all those teams and our W/L record is the worst of them all. Not a toss up.

If Iowa makes it, I would see them as a 12. 12 vs 5 game, which is not a bad place to be. Wisconsin was a 12 a few years ago and played the 5 seed Florida State and Wisconsin beat them.

It's hard to imagine those 4 teams getting bids ahead of us assuming 20-11 (9-9) at the end of the regular season. They could but it's hard to imagine. I think the fates of those 4 and Iowa will be heavily impacted by performances in our respective conference tournaments.

Man, the Bubble is so weak this year.

It is, and it is why I keep holding out hope that Iowa can sneak in with a 9-9 conference record. The expansion to 68 teams has made the bubble look pretty bad. A couple of years ago those last 4 in would be the last 4 out, so on and so forth. Iowa would not even get a mention.

Villanova plays Gtown for their next and final game. That game will put them In with a win, or Out with a loss. Then they will have their shot in the Big East Tourney. Lets not forget their loss to Columbia (265 rpi) is much worse than our loss on the road to Virginia Tech.

RPI is really about the ONLY thing with which Iowa doesn't really compare with those bubble teams.. I guess it all depends on how much the committee really actually looks at it. Also keep in mind that if Iowa wins the next 2 games, and then wins 1-2 more in the BTT, the RPI will be higher than it is currently. You would think so, anyway.

Here are some other Ken Pom rankings of other teams with high "favorable" RPIs and on the bubble ahead of Iowa but all are lower or waaay lower than the Hawks:

Iowa 32
kentucky 33
Ia St 45 ( several OT losses and last second screw losses)
Ole MS 49
Booise St 51
Villanova 54
southern Miss 56
Baylor 55
maryland 62
TN 63
Alabama 72
AZ St 78
St John's 93
IN St 98

only VA is in a better position at 18. (They have a bunch of great wins and a bunch of horrible losses)

Iowa just needs to win... I still believe that 3 more wins and they are in. If not they can say hello to the NIT and they don't deserve it. Otherwise there are too many metrics that conclude that Iowa should be in, Sagarin and BPI included.

Be prepared to dance and stop with any other nonsense if Iowa wins out and gets another in the B1G Ten Tourney. If you don't agree show me in 10 days who deserves to be in over the Hawks. (Please note specifically the 10 day window and specifically which teams should go in over the Hawks))

I still think we're in if we win 4 straight (starting tonight). I'm buying the theory that the committee doesn't use RPI as much as we think (maybe wishful thinking but I have read things that indicate this is so). Buy other, better, ranking systems we deserve to be in so winning 4 in a row should put us in, that is if they have any idea what they are doing.

RPI is really about the ONLY thing with which Iowa doesn't really compare with those bubble teams.. I guess it all depends on how much the committee really actually looks at it. Also keep in mind that if Iowa wins the next 2 games, and then wins 1-2 more in the BTT, the RPI will be higher than it is currently. You would think so, anyway.

This is why I laugh at people who think Iowa isn't in solely because of their RPI....many factors come into play beside the RPI. The RPI sucks and needs to go away because it rewards "good" losses and penalizes "bad" wins. I thought the point is to win games??

Latest posts