Luka Garza Weighing Options While Working Out with Loaded Iowa Roster

No way in hell he could even trust any NBA TEAM to tell him the truth. IMO, they are masters at blowing smoke up your skirt, telling college players one thing, then on draft day will ask, "Who's he again?"
Agree and I’ve been saying it for years. Even if 150 players have NBA talent, only 60 can get drafted. But they won’t hesitate to tell all 150 players the same thing and that leaves 90 of them scrambling.

I'm really beginning to feel sorry for Luka and all the others who are in limbo right now. At first, I was [selfishly] opposed to extending the deadline to file, but now I realize that for lack of info about the upcoming season, these players just don't have enough info to make an informed decision. What a bad situation to be in! Damn virus! Take your time Luka, pray about it. We are with you no matter what decision you come to! God bless!

I don't follow Twitter, but I heard there was a story about a baby recently passing away that was named after Luka.

That's just incredibly sad, but what a tribute to him.

I agree but I say move it back to when we know there is going to be college basketball.

Sounds like he wants to come back. I think his hesitation is because he doesn’t know if there will be a college basketball season. If he was leaning pro he would just say so.

I agree but I say move it back to when we know there is going to be college basketball.

Sounds like he wants to come back. I think his hesitation is because he doesn’t know if there will be a college basketball season. If he was leaning pro he would just say so.
I don't really see why wondering about whether there is going to be a college season would factor in any differently than wondering if there is going to be an NBA Season. Chances are there will be both or neither. I think I would decide based on what I want to do and roll with it.

I don't really see why wondering about whether there is going to be a college season would factor in any differently than wondering if there is going to be an NBA Season. Chances are there will be both or neither. I think I would decide based on what I want to do and roll with it.

Well if he decides to forgo the draft and then there is no college games then he could pass on a possible NBA contract that could pay him a large sum of money. Just because the NBA doesn’t play doesn’t mean he can’t receive a signing bonus and a large sum of money. Some money is better than no money and just waisting another year.

There is no guarantee that he would be signed but if he passes on the draft there is zero chance that he would be signed.

That's good, but sad, info to me. Thanks for posting it, it does give the student-athletes more time to make a better-informed decision.

Latest posts