Luka Garza the B1G POY

He deserves it. Good for him. One of the greatest improved players I have seen in 1 years time. Without him, Iowa is not in the Top 5 in the Big Ten. If Garza sticks around another year, hopefully coach can get the team to accomplish more than just a fifth place regular season finish (having the Big Ten Player of the Year and all).

This is just startling to see. I never realized BJ never made 1st team. Just shows how great the talent was in the Big Ten in the late 80's

Also, an enormous amount of credit goes to Luka. Who in there right mind thought that he could improve this much in one off-season. I hope the younger generations are paying attention. Hard work will always beat talent and when you increase your talent and never let up on your hard work things like this happen. Hope he can wrap up the National POY

tenor.gif

What? I love Connor. But, this is the same kid who has been T'ed up multiple times this year and who has nearly gotten into fist fights in several games, including on Sunday. okay.....

Yeah. It’s a real bitch that he stood up to the thuggery from the opposition.

Fran with another 20 win season and another All B1G 1st team award winner.

Fran has done a helluva job this year with everyone that has gone down.

One of the tv guys for the Illinois game said Fran has 20 wins in 6 of the last 8 seasons.

You know how when they interview some successful guy and they're like "what was your childhood like?" and then the guy says "Well, my dad was an alcoholic and he beat my mom and he beat me and the happiest day of my life was the day he got arrested for committing a triple homicide at a strip club" and then you think to yourself "wow, that guy really has his life under control?" I think that is what is at play here.

You may be the new false equivalency champ.

Wieskamp just got third team per Iowa’s Instagram page
Wieskamp on 3rd team is great but I would not have expected that. Probably played himself in early because he was really not good the last 5 or 6 games. Also have to admit if you had asked me to guess on sportsman award for Iowa i wouldn't have guess Conner. But the coaches vote on it and they are a lot closer to the action so congrats

Latest posts