Luka Garza Decision

Why do a Zoom with your coach and media if you’re staying? Best wishes to Luka on his pro career.

Who do one if you’re leaving?

He can still go back into the draft by August 17, from what I understand. But the only way he can stay at Iowa is if he pulls out of the draft tomorrow. Seems like a screwy rule.

One of the greatest kids I think I've ever seen in a Hawkeye uniform. ...I want him to stay, of course, as I think they could win it all.....
What we have no idea is...Is the amount of pressure he and his family is enduring. Most of us will never know. Most of us had to decide if moving back to Iowa was a good idea. Good luck either way......

Ayo Dosunmu and Kofi Cockburn announce on back to back days that they are returning to school. That immediately puts Illinois back in the conference title discussion and Ayo is your preseason player of the year if Garza does not return.

Fran already knows the decision. If you see him downtown tonight pounding Blue Moon longnecks t hat will be a strong indicator of which way Luka decided.

Last edited:
As much as I would love to see Luka return, the ambiguity about the BT basketball season due to the Pandemic May convince him to move on. No ambiguity, no pandemic, he would have come back. Wish him the best either way.

That thought crossed my mind as well. Some guys on this team enjoy doing that.

Connor and Luka are close. They came in together.

I hope he's trolling. My take is that he is coming back to Iowa...but it's a tough decision between two great options. I think the fact that no one has him in the second round has to peeve him. I think the lure of being able to play with Connor and Jordan B. has got to be a big draw...and also that it's been 40 years since Iowa has gone to a Final 4...with Garza, Weiskamp, and the other scorers on this team...I think they have a shot.

The uncertainty of when the season will be and how it will look makes it a tough decision. I think if the circumstances were normal, he'd come back.

Who do one if you’re leaving?

He can still go back into the draft by August 17, from what I understand. But the only way he can stay at Iowa is if he pulls out of the draft tomorrow. Seems like a screwy rule.
Obviously all those folks weren't in cahoots when coming up with those dates.. Thanks Corona.. Talk about making it tougher on all these kids not easier. Oh well worked in Iowa's favor.

Latest posts