Luck will NOT enter Draft

Wow, I can't beleive that. He'd be the #1 pick. That's big money! Just wait, now McNutt and Sash will leave to be picked in the 4th round. Crazy, and you have to like the kid for it.

CRAP. :mad:
The Panthers (my NFC team) really need him. :(

Wow. If this is true, he should talk to Locker to see if this is a good idea. I can understand people coming back if they need to grow or mature, but this is a missed opportunity for him and seems like a dumb decision.

so you say

I don't see any of the other QBs worthy of being #1 overall. They'd probably be wise and see how big of a haul they can get with that pick, but I don't see teams being as aggressive to move up as they would be with Luck. Next season is going to be another long one for them.

Dear Andrew,

We whole-heartedly support your decision to come back for your senior year and we think it's a GREAT choice!

Sincerely,

Jake Locker and Matt Leinert

Wow. If this is true, he should talk to Locker to see if this is a good idea. I can understand people coming back if they need to grow or mature, but this is a missed opportunity for him and seems like a dumb decision.

Locker didnt have the team that Luck does. He still has another two years of eligibility left. And it has been noted that he is really wanting his degree.

Locker didnt have the team that Luck does. He still has another two years of eligibility left. And it has been noted that he is really wanting his degree.

One of the tweets said that Stanford loses 3 5th year senior STARTING offensive lineman. Plus their coach might move on as well...I'm struggling to understand the logic.

Dear Andrew,

We whole-heartedly support your decision to come back for your senior year and we think it's a GREAT choice!

Sincerely,

Jake Locker and Matt Leinert

Im pretty sure Luck is only a RS Sophomore. So he would be coming back for his Junior year.

I can't believe this...really surprised he's passing up the kind of money he's passing up here.

One of the tweets said that Stanford loses 3 5th year senior STARTING offensive lineman. Plus their coach might move on as well...I'm struggling to understand the logic.

+1 million. This is just crazy to me. You're going to be the #1 pick and you go back to college and you have to worry about injury and everything else. dont' get it.

Well, let the nitpicking about his game begin......Somebody will find something that he doesn't do well and blow it out proportion.:rolleyes:

A chick and a degree, I guess we will see if it was worth going back for.

For a Stanford kid, he sure is stupid. What he's doing is like wiping your @$$ with a winning Powerball ticket.

For a Stanford kid, he sure is stupid. What he's doing is like wiping your @$$ with a winning Powerball ticket.

It's actually worse than that...He's basically taking a $60-70M lottery ticket, of which $50M min is guarenteed (based on Bradford contract) and riping it up saying "I'll probably win the lottery next year too if I want the money" except by next year new rules will limit the $ of the lottery so at best he'd be signing for somewhere in the neighborhood of $15M for 4 years with $5M guarenteed (per John Clayton's musing on rookie salary cap). PLUS he could definitely "pull a Locker" and regress or have his teammates pull him down.

Even if he's the #1 pick in 2012 he'll be making about $45-50M less than being the #1 pick this year when the rookie salary scale will be implemented in the new NFL CBA. I'm all in favor of people getting college degrees, but when you consider that even if worst case scenario, he's the next Alex Smith with Carolina, he's STILL going to have $50M that will pay for the rest of his education and set his family up for life (assuming he doesn't pull an Antoine Walker and blow it all gambling/drugs/etc). There is absolutely 0% upside to this for him.

It's actually worse than that...He's basically taking a $60-70M lottery ticket, of which $50M min is guarenteed (based on Bradford contract) and riping it up saying "I'll probably win the lottery next year too if I want the money" except by next year new rules will limit the $ of the lottery so at best he'd be signing for somewhere in the neighborhood of $15M for 4 years with $5M guarenteed (per John Clayton's musing on rookie salary cap). PLUS he could definitely "pull a Locker" and regress or have his teammates pull him down.

Even if he's the #1 pick in 2012 he'll be making about $45-50M less than being the #1 pick this year when the rookie salary scale will be implemented in the new NFL CBA. I'm all in favor of people getting college degrees, but when you consider that even if worst case scenario, he's the next Alex Smith with Carolina, he's STILL going to have $50M that will pay for the rest of his education and set his family up for life (assuming he doesn't pull an Antoine Walker and blow it all gambling/drugs/etc). There is absolutely 0% upside to this for him.

Any new rookie pay scale would apply to this year's draftees as well so he's not really tossing away tens of millions of dollars. He is screwing himself by not getting to his first free agent contract until a year later, but another year in college could, in theory, make him more equipped to handle the pro game and get a better contract then. It's disingenuous to say there is no upside for him.

Sam Bradford and Peyton Manning stayed in school and were #1 picks and absolute studs right away. Matt Leinart stayed in school and his stock fell. Mike Vick went pro and has done pretty well. Tim Couch and JaMarcus Russell went pro early and really bad careers. I think this decision can go either way for a guy. Luck will probably be the #1 pick next year, as there isn't really a better option showing itself at this point (unless Bowers stays in school. I can't really see Blackmon being picked ahead of Luck. Matt Barkley might be there in two years, should Luck stay that long, but he won't be there next year). The situation's outcome really depends on how Luck handles himself the next year (or two!)

Latest posts