LSU 21 Iowa Defense 14

hwks1

Except for that last LSU drive to go up 21-7..... the Defense did its job. The Defense should play both ways, I bet we would score

This loss is on the coaches shoulders. The players played with heart and never gave up and I appreciate that.

The defense played well. Costly turnovers were the big story. However, concerning play calling - especially in short yardage situations and that fake punt - I feel like our offense is a scene out of "The Waterboy" and the LSU sideline had a "Football For Dummies" book and were just reading it to know what we were going to do and giggling as they stop us.

As I predicted, the D would do its job, but the O was my concern, as it has been all year long.

This team needs more speed at WR or The Greg Davis System can't beat a good defense. Disappointed not to see more Powell in this game. Hoping Davis' enthusiasm regarding the new WRs for next season is justified.

Rudock wussing that ball out to Powell for the pick was not good. That is 6 if it is on the money.

I think the other qb could have made that pass to powell. He has a quicker release and stronger arm.

This team needs more speed at WR or The Greg Davis System can't beat a good defense. Disappointed not to see more Powell in this game. Hoping Davis' enthusiasm regarding the new WRs for next season is justified.

I hope so, too. It's tough on the offense when the receivers can't get open. The offense is almost always the problem, and teams dare Iowa to beat them deep. And they can't.

I think the other qb could have made that pass to powell. He has a quicker release and stronger arm.

He does. Tough to say if he makes that play in that moment or not. He's also sailed the ball over the heads of receivers, too. I do like his arm strength, though.

I think message boards are hilarious. Beathard is now an all star, and the coaches are unable to evaluate talent. lol.

There were plenty of questionable play calls, but the inability to get first downs in short yardage situation and poor QB play lost this game.

Except for that last LSU drive to go up 21-7..... the Defense did its job. The Defense should play both ways, I bet we would score

The D struggled the first drive of the game and last drive of the game. Was outstanding the rest if the game.

The D struggled the first drive of the game and last drive of the game. Was outstanding the rest if the game.

This is exactly correct. The Dee wasnt ready for LSU's speed on the first drive then they closed it down and had better leverage for almost all the rest of the game until the last drive.

The defense deserved to win this game. The offense didn't deserve to beat even an FCS team today.