Loyalty had paid Ferentz dividends

Oops, sorry for the typo in the thread title.......meant to say "has" not "had"

It's a hell of a lot easier to be loyal to a school when you're paid like a top five coach.

i think he coached at the start of his head coaching career at iowa without a contract. you can correct me if i am wrong.

and your and others 'angst' of his salary is misdirected, is it not? as an employee, isn't everyone trying to maximize their earnings? whar fire barta, fire president, fire regents threads re: head coaches salary? last i knew, Ferentz was maximizing the athletic department returns, to the point of iowa being a national leader in athletic/football revenue. if joe fan wanted to make an impact on getting him removed, it sure doesn't show. last i checked, kinnick was still full on saturday.

i think he coached at the start of his head coaching career at iowa without a contract. you can correct me if i am wrong.

and your and others 'angst' of his salary is misdirected, is it not? as an employee, isn't everyone trying to maximize their earnings? whar fire barta, fire president, fire regents threads re: head coaches salary? last i knew, Ferentz was maximizing the athletic department returns, to the point of iowa being a national leader in athletic/football revenue. if joe fan wanted to make an impact on getting him removed, it sure doesn't show. last i checked, kinnick was still full on saturday.

I have no angst over his salary. If the school offered it to him he would be a fool not to take it. He has a very good agent who makes sure his name gets out there for a lot of job openings. That said, I'm not going to praise a guy for his loyalty to a school that is paying him over market value.

I have no angst over his salary. If the school offered it to him he would be a fool not to take it. He has a very good agent who makes sure his name gets out there for a lot of job openings. That said, I'm not going to praise a guy for his loyalty to a school that is paying him over market value.[/QUOTE]

Is he asking you to praise him? Are we? Whether you admit it or not the very fact that you felt the need to post what you did shows you have angst over his salary. Proof is in the pudding, not the way you're trying to make it look.

It is a two way street. KF has been loyal and Iowa has been loyal to him.
Iowa has had a great run under KF....Kinnick was remodeled,new football facilities,and BB facilities,along with Carver have been refurbished or built.
We have been top #8 in the country in 4 seasons under KF....has not happened much before he arrived.
When we bounce back, everyone will be glad for the patience.

I saw that OK just extended Stoops thru 2020 also...at over 5 million/yr. KF and Stoops both started the same year,and Iowa and OK are pleased with both.

There would be zero problem with Ferentz if he just didn't lose to the bad Minnesota, Indiana, western Michigan, central Michigan and Iowa state teams. Just beat the teams you should with the resources and support you have.

I had a fire regents and presidents thread. It upset some people I guess.

I agree that would really help keep him out of so much hot water. Its very frustrating as a fan.
There would be zero problem with Ferentz if he just didn't lose to the bad Minnesota, Indiana, western Michigan, central Michigan and Iowa state teams. Just beat the teams you should with the resources and support you have.

It is a two way street. KF has been loyal and Iowa has been loyal to him.
Iowa has had a great run under KF....Kinnick was remodeled,new football facilities,and BB facilities,along with Carver have been refurbished or built.
We have been top #8 in the country in 4 seasons under KF....has not happened much before he arrived.
When we bounce back, everyone will be glad for the patience.

I saw that OK just extended Stoops thru 2020 also...at over 5 million/yr. KF and Stoops both started the same year,and Iowa and OK are pleased with both.

What coach has won a national title and never had a 4-8 season in his 14th season as a head coach?

Agree. Also heard someone (beat writer) on radio last year say Ferentz has a losing record against 1st year head coaches as HC at Iowa. That's frustrating.

How do you know he's maximizing returns? The Ath. Dept has been achieving high returns for sure. But maximizing?? Not sure about that.

I would posit the AD could achieve similar revenues with a less expensive coach.

Or single-handedly lose the 2010 Wisconsin game...

This X 1000. There are so many things I like about Ferentz and the way he runs the Iowa program, but when he loses to a 3-9 ISU, Minnesota or Indiana team it just infuriates me. If he would consistently beat those teams and occasionally knock off a Michigan, Nebraska and/or Ohio State I think Hawkeye fans would be pretty happy with him for a long time.

Latest posts