Lowdermilk, Hello!

He looks to have good speed, he's a good tackler, and has good athleticism.....if he is a hard worker and a good student he will probably find success in the Iowa program.

This is the type of "under the radar" kid that Ferentz has made a living off of while building the Iowa program.

I guess this is one of those situations when we need to trust the coaches ability to ignore the stars and evaluate potential in a player.

Not exactly finishing strong, swapping Wright for Bullock, losing a "solid" verbal a day before signing, and offering kids that other schools don't want. Obviously, Hendy, Cooper and Cyrus could change it all in a hurry, but it is disappointing as a Hawk fan to see so all the "talent" going to the usual suspects.

I just hope we don't lose any more committs in the next 24 hours.

Not exactly finishing strong, swapping Wright for Bullock, losing a "solid" verbal a day before signing, and offering kids that other schools don't want. Obviously, Hendy, Cooper and Cyrus could change it all in a hurry, but it is disappointing as a Hawk fan to see so all the "talent" going to the usual suspects.

I just hope we don't lose any more committs in the next 24 hours.

What? Wright had been committed to Stanford for a while and was supposed to take a visit but decided it may be best to stick with Stanford. It's not as though Wright was a shoe-in to come here and backed out on us. We already have McCall and Coe as RBs, Bullock is an excellent 3rd running back to take in a class this good. Also, we still have an excellent shot at Jordan Canzeri, who looks great on film and would be another welcome addition at RB. Who exactly did we offer that other schools did not? Lowdermilk had several division I offers, but was probably flying a little under the radar. We still also have an excellent chance at Hendy and Cooper, in addition to nabbing Lomax yesterday. Still a very outside chance we get Cyrus, but come on, name me some teams that routinely pick up 4 and 5 stars during the last week of recruiting. I'll give you a pass because it seems you really don't know what you're talking about, but not finishing strong? You couldn't be more wrong.

Cannot swap Wright...we never had him.

Swapped an unrated Orloff for an unrated Lowdermilk...

You are ducking unnecessarily...the sky is not falling.

Play nice O'Brien.

Perhaps "swap" was not the correct term since we never had a committ from Wright, but Bullock is only in the picture b/c Wright (who had legit interest last week) has backed out.

Lowdermilk is only in the picture b/c of Orloff's decommit. I understand that this stuff happens, but most would agree that a "stronger" finish would have been keeping Orloff and getting Wright over Bullock.

The sky is not falling in my world, and I agree that it seems like we have a solid group of kids coming in.

Lowdermilk's dad and KF evidently are good friends. I like the genes. Worth a bit of a gamble, I suspect. We will see if Jimbo Coverts son works out...same kind of deal.

This guy is going to make doubters look silly. He will be starting ahead of more renowned recruits quickly, really quickly.

These last two recruits are not something to sneeze about. People don't like the stars, but both guys have the speed and balance to be big contributors.

Latest posts