Love our Defense

iowamahan

The Hawkeye defense is just something special to watch. At the game, in the second half, the interaction of the crowd with the defense was special. Sash and Angerer were pumping up the fans and it was a treat to watch. The first half performance by the team was something I hope we can get behind us and obviously not repeat. But, that defense just put's a smile on your face!

It sure is purdy...no doubt about that. If the punting game and the Spievey fumble hadn't given them such a short field to work with, the Hawks would've spit and sputtered but STILL crushed them by 14 more points than they did...granted, you never know how the flow of the game will go after a certain play, but I love taking the easy way out!

The D seems to get better as the game goes on. Next weekend I'd like to see the Hawks dominate early and keep that domination the whole game.

I think this is be best defense ever in the Ferentz era. Hands down.

With each passing week, it's getting harder and harder to justify anything to the contrary. Defense was SUFFOCATING in the 2nd half yesterday. There was the one big pass play where Prater got called for PI, but then I think that's when they missed the FG (or maybe they made it that drive)...either way, there were 3 or 4 drives once we started exploding in the 4th quarter where they not only didn't allow a first down, but punished Indiana for merely attempting to play offense. It was great!

It sure is purdy...no doubt about that. If the punting game and the Spievey fumble hadn't given them such a short field to work with, the Hawks would've spit and sputtered but STILL crushed them by 14 more points than they did...granted, you never know how the flow of the game will go after a certain play, but I love taking the easy way out!

Definitely. After that first drive the defense stepped up, and the only times they let Indiana score were when Indiana got the ball 3 times in our territory. If the offense and even special teams a couple of times wouldn't have given the ball to Indiana in our territory so much, Indiana would have been lucky to score 10 points.

Latest posts