Love being a Hawk and here is why...

Schomer40

I am in Casper Wy. for my wives grandma's funeral and, of course, I am wearing Hawkeye stuff everywhere and I have met a lot of people who have ties to Iowa in some way. Have met a lot of people that I would never have met if it were not for wearing my Hawkeye gear. Great to be a Hawk...

I am in Casper Wy. for my wives grandma's funeral and, of course, I am wearing Hawkeye stuff everywhere and I have met a lot of people who have ties to Iowa in some way. Have met a lot of people that I would never have met if it were not for wearing my Hawkeye gear. Great to be a Hawk...

I agree! We were in Yellowstone a few days ago and I was wearing my Kinnick shirt with a tigerhawk on the back and I lost track of how many people said GO HAWKS! to us....all over the park. It was so nice. Also had a nice note left on my windshield at Crazy Horse Monument in South Dakota by a Hawk fan who parked next to us. Iowa fans are wonderful.

Happens to me all the time...one time at Disney world...the log pulled up to unload and the guy that was getting out of the seat I was getting in was wearing an Iowa hat & shirt...we had a laugh. too weird...or on the same trip after all the winding lines when they reconnected to load...it worked out the people next to me were from a small town very near where I grew up in Iowa.

It is an unwritten law that you have to say "Go Hawks" to anyone wearing Iowa gear anywhere at anytime.

I was out in San Fran and went to a Giants game. Not being a fan of either team playing I wore my Hawkeye shirt and hat. I got about 10 different "Go Hawks", including the two older ladies sitting behind us that grew up in Iowa but moved to the bay area in the 70's.

i've gotten it in the ATL a few times while visiting in-laws. i try and give a shout out whenever i can.

I got 2 "Go Hawks" on my honeymoon in Maroma Beach Mexico last April as I was wearing my super cheesy Hawkeye flip flops. I've lived all over the country, and without exception I got it everywhere I've been.

Great thread. I was in the Anchorage airport yesterday, wearing an Iowa polo....the woman in front of me at the security station turned around, saw my shirt, smiled and said "Go Hawks"....she was visiting from Des Moines. Go figure.

I wore my KINNICK shirt to Lowes in West Des Moines the other day and a guy said "Go Hawks" in passing...I really had to stop and make sure I WAS in Iowa.

A few years ago here in Kansas City my truck died on the side of the road and a guy stopped and gave me a ride to my house. On the way he said that he never would have stopped except he saw my Hawkeye plate and wanted to help a fellow Hawk.

I was in Miami on a little vacation six months ago today, matter of fact, and was amazed how many times I heard "Go Hawks" or how many times I said it myself!

I was in Miami on a little vacation six months ago today, matter of fact, and was amazed how many times I heard "Go Hawks" or how many times I said it myself!

Strange...I was in Miami six months ago today as well, and the same thing happened to me too! What a strange coincidence!;):p

It is an unwritten law that you have to say "Go Hawks" to anyone wearing Iowa gear anywhere at anytime.

It drives my wife crazy when I do this.

I was in California visiting my parents about two years ago wearing Hawk gear. We were out and about all day and literally everyplace we stopped someone said Go Hawks to me, including the little old lady who desperately wanted to talk Iowa for longer than the 10 mins we were standing there. However, the strangest thing that day was when we were in an antique shop and I was talking to the girl behind the counter and as we were talking, it turned out she grew up literally a block from where I live now. Small world!

I live in Nashville and came back to my car this weekend in a parking lot and saw a note stuck under the windshield wiper. Whoever it was took the time to draw a tiger hawk and write Go Hawks under it. I also see a lot of people here in Nashville sporting their Hawkeye gear. Great to be a Hawkeye!

Latest posts