Louisville banned from Postseason

The 2 graduate transfers miss out on their 1 year window to play in the NCAA Tournament. I'm not a fan of the graduate transfer rule anyway so anything that makes a future player think twice...

Ok, now what will UNC get?

Edit: Nevermind, saw that it was self-imposed. Silly me, I actually thought the NCAA would do something.

Pitino is so disgusting. His comments are all intended to make him look good. "This is a big surprise." "I was kept in the dark." "Let's come out for the 'final four' games [no pun intended?] to support these guys because that is all they have left." Just sick the way he postures himself to look good, even in this sort of situation.

giphy.gif

Don't believe it for a second. The next thing you're going to tell me is that Calipari cheats too.

This whole thing seems really weird and shady as far as the timing of it all. Are they punishing the team this year so that they don't take a hit in recruiting? They got VJ King signed already, he would quite possibly go elsewhere if they were banned next season. Even though college bball is having a year where anyone can win it, they are kind of doing themselves a favor in hopes that they don't get punished further by the NCAA.

Also, if they're coming down with this now, that likely means there are more details starting to surface.

Finally, when the hell does UNC either punish itself or the NCAA lays down the hammer. It seems like the NCAA is just hoping people forget about that whole scandal...because its UNC

This whole thing seems really weird and shady as far as the timing of it all. Are they punishing the team this year so that they don't take a hit in recruiting? They got VJ King signed already, he would quite possibly go elsewhere if they were banned next season. Even though college bball is having a year where anyone can win it, they are kind of doing themselves a favor in hopes that they don't get punished further by the NCAA.

Also, if they're coming down with this now, that likely means there are more details starting to surface.

Finally, when the hell does UNC either punish itself or the NCAA lays down the hammer. It seems like the NCAA is just hoping people forget about that whole scandal...because its UNC
Considering it allegedly involves between 3,000 & 5,000 students and/or student/athletes over 18 years, a degree from UNC doesn't necessarily carry the same stature it once did, IMO.

Sleaze is gonna sleaze.

I don't understand why colleges just try to be good enough doing things the right way, like KF and Fran does.

You don't hate to turn into complete sleaze to try to attract recruits. Generally, winning ballgames will do that for you.

Is it any surprise that there are maybe 5 to 10 teams that have a legit chance to win the NCAA? NCAA only punishes schools that are non bluebloods. Kansas ,Duke,UNC, Kentucky, Louisville..take turns winning the damn thing.

Ok, now what will UNC get?

Edit: Nevermind, saw that it was self-imposed. Silly me, I actually thought the NCAA would do something.
2 year post season ban. 2 NC banners struck down. All of Roy William's wins since 2001 will be vacated. Several years of probation. Scholarship restrictions and a hefty fine. That's just the Men's basketball team. The WBB team will suffer the same. As will the Women's soccer team. The football team might get off a little but easier because they were thrown under the bus the first time around. The NCAA is giving Roy one more tournament run (courtesy of some stalling tactics by UNC), then it's Hammer Time!!!!!

2 year post season ban. 2 NC banners struck down. All of Roy William's wins since 2001 will be vacated. Several years of probation. Scholarship restrictions and a hefty fine. That's just the Men's basketball team. The WBB team will suffer the same. As will the Women's soccer team. The football team might get off a little but easier because they were thrown under the bus the first time around. The NCAA is giving Roy one more tournament run (courtesy of some stalling tactics by UNC), then it's Hammer Time!!!!!
If the allegations are true, they should have an 8 or 9 year post season ban.

Last edited:

I truly hope this is the case because they deserve it more than anyone

Sleaze is gonna sleaze.

I don't understand why colleges just try to be good enough doing things the right way, like KF and Fran does.

You don't hate to turn into complete sleaze to try to attract recruits. Generally, winning ballgames will do that for you.

Because they want to win and win championships ALOT...that is where the big big money is