Loudest Carver crowd?

i was at a wrestling meet with my dad in the mid 80s - iowa v. isu. iowa state was either ahead a bit or it was tied heading into the heavyweight match. isu's wrestler was #1, and iowa ended up pinning him to win the meet. THAT was my loudest carver experience, bar none.

the loudest i heard was in michigan state game when doug thomas slaming home after going coast to coast but i wouldn`t trust my hearings because i`m deaf lol

I think it was at the wrestling match... oh yeah that time when that one fella flipped another on his back and it got real loud.
Come on wrestling fans... quit trying to take over a basketball thread!
I highly doubt that the basketball fans go into the wrestling posts and attempt to jack them? Maybe they do, and if so... by all means continue.

I think it was at the wrestling match... oh yeah that time when that one fella flipped another on his back and it got real loud.
I highly doubt that the basketball fans go into the wrestling posts and attempt to jack them? Maybe they do, and if so... by all means continue.

lame.

title is loudest carver crowd. excuse me for not seeing what bucket the topic was placed in.

I think it was at the wrestling match... oh yeah that time when that one fella flipped another on his back and it got real loud. Come on wrestling fans... quit trying to take over a basketball thread!I highly doubt that the basketball fans go into the wrestling posts and attempt to jack them? Maybe they do, and if so... by all means continue.
Well Iowa is more regognized by its wrestling than its basketball so its relavent. Considering i was in Carver last night and heard the crowd when Ramos won it should count.

People hijack all the time with their Hulk Hogan references. It's loudest Carver crowd, and last night Ramos/Oliver ranks up there.

No one cares about wrestling outside of like the 6'0 ft and under populations in a few states. Iowa basketball has more name recognition simply because it is basketball.

No one cares about wrestling outside of like the 6'0 ft and under populations in a few states. Iowa basketball has more name recognition simply because it is basketball.
I respectfully disagree. When i was in Tucson for example i had several Wildcat fans talking to me about Iowa Wrestling. 6ft and under populations really? You dont know what you are talking about clearly.

I respectfully disagree. When i was in Tucson for example i had several Wildcat fans talking to me about Iowa Wrestling. 6ft and under populations really? You dont know what you are talking about clearly.

A good chunk of people know about Iowa wrestling just like a lot of people know of UConn women's basketball or other non-profit sports dynasties. Doesn't mean they care much.

Latest posts